New Hasbro Boba helmet mod & template!

mccprimus,

thanks for the praise always nice to know i can inspire a fellow jedi junkie to go out and build so star wars awsomeness! I will be more than happy to post up some pics of my helmet in 360 fashion for you, as long as you post some pics of yours once done. I'm in the middle of watching the Star Wars Bluray re-releases right now!

Kalarrot

Sounds like fun. Still haven't gone blu-ray yet, but plan on getting the SW set when the Christmas sales start.

I picked up a Cpt Rex bucket today, and my Fett will arrive early next week, so I will have some pics to post before too long.

Okay here are the finished helmet 360 photos for your viewing pleasure. Hope this helps out.

Kakarrot img0003_1105.jpgimg0002_1106.jpgimg0001_1107.jpgimg0000_1108.jpg

mcprimus, Your mentioned a rex bucket I made a custom clone-ish style helmet using a rex as a base before I started on my Fett, I think I still have a pic floating around here somewhere. Here we go. enjoy.

Kakarrot

Me and my Clone Helm.jpg

This post gives me great hope that I can have a decent bucket without spending hundreds of dollars. I don't have the skill or genius to be a surgeon, but this I can do. Thanks for a great thread.

AND I used your template photo in photoshop to play around with possible style changes (since I'm doing a custom Mando) Take a look, oh and thanks again!
Mandalorian Helmet Configurations.jpg

hey guys, i have a buddy who recently relinquished almost all of his star wars stuff to me recently and ive been looking in to making a boba costume but my income is nearly zero, this helmet was one of the things he gave me any pointers on where to start on this?

That looks amazing vod.
What materials are needed to do this?

- - - Updated - - -

Makes you wonder why Hasbro can't make a proper helmet for older collectors.

BTW you did a fantastic job on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just thought I'd add this, because I haven't seen it anywhere. This was my collection in March. As of this week, only the middle one remains. From left to right: Rubies repaint (vinyl, basically the same as the cheapest Don Post), Mystery Helmet (some lineage to the original sculpts, 1:1), and last is the Hasbro. The size differences are astounding when you see em next to one another.

helm-compare.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back