New BKBT Jango Knees

How are these different from Darkside? I'm in the market for a new set before I make my own.

Just checking in.

Okay, here they are assembled. They are not assembled as perfectly and as accurately as they could be due to the crazy time crunch. I also had to use a dremel metal cutting wheel to make my old style Dark Side knee darts fit them with the flat edge, so I didn't do that great of a job. However, people won't notice unless they are examining my knees up close and the only person who should be that close to me below the waist is my wife, so I'm not too worried about it.

3747771590_839b56581a_b.jpg

I still have to make the recessed holes for the darts on the side pieces and remold. Also need to make the dart masters. So a little more time.:facepalm

So how are you attachng your knees? inside the pant? I'm new and a bit ignorant of the best process but am using velcro/exterior with elastic attached and run through holes inside the knee of the pant to capture my leg. looks like you used a strap system?

So how are you attachng your knees? inside the pant? I'm new and a bit ignorant of the best process but am using velcro/exterior with elastic attached and run through holes inside the knee of the pant to capture my leg. looks like you used a strap system?

That's exactly how to do it. A little bit of velcro on the kneecap and elastic that goes through slits in the jumpsuit.

That's exactly how to do it. A little bit of velcro on the kneecap and elastic that goes through slits in the jumpsuit.

I used velcro on my first set of knees, but the stress would pop them off. I use snaps on my current set, and these new BKBT ones, once I get my hands on a set. *fingers crossed*

Both Foxbatkllr and I felt the knee cap needed to be flared a tad to accomodate the expansions of a knee while trooping. So I've sent a flared pair to BKBT for his approval/disapproval before making the new knee cap molds. I also still haven't been able to get down to the Sci-Fire shop to make the knee dart masters. So progress is slow.:facepalm

so when you get to doing these in hyperfirm, are they going to be one piece like the s1p rubber boba knees? or will they be a three piece kit that needs to be assembled?

Ok. After cracking my current knees the first time out I needs me some rubber knees. I can't wait to see these done in hyperfirm. I just thought I would bump this since I am sure you guys don't already have your plates full. :)

Just isn't enough hours in the day, and days in the week. Unfortunately I'm thinking this is going to be a Christmas vacation project because I still haven't been able to get down to the Sci-Fire shop to machine a pair of master knee darts.:facepalm

What you don't have 26 hours in your day and 8 days in your week. :) Of course I am just kidding. I just found out the hard way what a great thing these will be. Thanks for taking on this project no matter what the date.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back