Nate's (Duder777's) ESB Boba Fett Build Log

I'm loving this build. You really did your research on vendors (artists) and products. What a great time to be around this community. I'm taking notes!

I'm loving this build. You really did your research on vendors (artists) and products. What a great time to be around this community. I'm taking notes!

I appreciate it. I agree it is a great time, and I am having a lot of fun. I spent about 4 hours last night re sizing Rafalfett's templates to fit the animefan helmet. Most were close, just required a minor tweak of a percentage or two. Next step, learning how to airbrush... Speaking of great artists, check out what sleepalot has done on my armor! I cannot believe I am going to own this set.

forms_zpsjvaylykn.gif

Airbrushed the Grey 79 on, and pulled off the masking fluid last night. Once it is a little more cured I will give it a light steel wool rub to smooth it out a little bit before masking again and going to the beige layer. I also think I used a little too much paint thinner (1:1), and it was slightly tacky for about 4 hours. I will use less in the future. Also, for the "base Grey" color I decided to just add it in topically later on.
Back%20Plates%20Grey%2079_zpsnrcet9tm.jpg

3rd layer on. I will smooth it with some 0000 steel wool soon and then move on to masking the beige, grey, and silver; and spraying on the final greenish blue layer. Some of that beige will actually be the base grey color once I paint it on. I think it is going ok so far.:(
20150324_224549%203_zps7yzcftcv.jpg

20150324_224542%203_zpsft5rwvbw.jpg

Looking really good Duder

Thank you Lud!

- - - Updated - - -

Even though I need to smooth this all out with steel wool I thought I would post some progress. I kind of wish I did not do the base grey at all and kept it all the coldcast aluminum look. Maybe I will do that for the rest of the helmet. Thoughts on that?
20150409_225321%203_zps1vtwmezr.jpg

20150409_225604%203_zpsn0dk6hqu.jpg

Here is an update of some items I have been working on. So far I am pretty happy with the paint on the ears. I have found that the masking is getting easier. I still need to topically add some of the very fine details and scratches on the right ear, and add the white upside down U and details on the left ear (and also erase those white transfer paper marks).
20150415_131722%204_zpsp3g0tmjf.jpg

Here they are with some shin tools I have been working on, and the rangefinder with newly weathered top!
20150415_131709%204_zpsmrdey9gm.jpg

I have the jetpack in a place now where I can put it together and start all the weathering, and silver/grey damage. That should be fun. The rocket below shows the base layer with the "satin" sanded off of it. I also smoothed out the helmet with some steel wool so it is looking a little better.
20150415_131645%203_zpsgioupucj.jpg

20150415_131638%203_zpsikn18ng2.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back