Mythos Boba DC-15a

That's great Mike - do you think the rifle will have a way to break-down in the middle as well? For transport? If it was 3 pieces - might be possible to cast that, no? Looks amazing and I want one!

I don'y plan to break these one. It would be one pice for safety. Main barrel holds whole weigh of front part so I like to make sure it will be stedy mounted on grip part. But I assume I would have to consider breaking it to parts if I would have to shippi them.

Casting is possible that is true but I would have to really think it thru. And I'm not sure if it would be so helpfull. I mean I have to keep PVC pipes as skeleton, it is much more durable then resin (unless with fiber glass) but that would be making life harder when you can just get ready pipe rigt? But sure I can try to recast stock and some elemenents like scopes etc.

Any way I have to finish that one and I will be able to see how it can be replicated;)

Mike

Works goes on, little slow but progress is progres.

The barrel part is almost done, but it is ready to slide into wooden part:
DSC_0467mini_zpsuutcovuq.jpg

I coudn't find right cone (or how it is called) part so I decidec to "walk an extra mile" and make it right then use some substitute. And that is how it is done, some "ribs" and then putty:
DSC_0466mini_zpsczvgkzav.jpg

For the readiotor I used some wooden strips from model shop, I tried sintra but let just say it was a failrue:
DSC_0468mini_zpsuphl45w1.jpg

And the stock, need a little more sanding, and black paintng but shape is quite good:
DSC_0469mini_zpsn7udijoz.jpg

Mike

So after a break we are back. Not a huge progress but quite importand step. Connecting the wooden part with barrel. Note, I woud not recomend Dc-15a to close quater combat:lol:
DSC_0455mini_zps4vpmd39k.jpg

The stock is sanded, painted with wooden lacquer and primer, I even used putty but still some wooden structure...
DSC_0456mini_zpse1vgencj.jpg

Mike

The grip part was harder then I expected. Sure it is simple and square in shape but the wooden part under caused some problems, It was to high so I had to sand it down but keeping in mind that it have to hold the barrel in secure way. So I guess some details maybe off there but I had to compromise.

DSC_0472mini_zps5nuyzbm2.jpg

DSC_0473mini_zpsoriosdrp.jpg

Mike

It is almost done! Just few more details to add. And the scope under the barrel but that part I'm going to order to be machined. I don't like to risk it will break into pieces and it seems it will be most comfortable point to hold rifle.

DSC_0474_zpshegwg1yg.jpg

DSC_0475mini_zps0kqhy769.jpg

Mike

Update... well soon. Generaly I had less time lately so only some details are done. But what generaly holds me from finish is guy at whom I order some machined parts ("scope" that goues under barrel and Mythos "silencer"). When that would be done, generaly whole thing will be finished and ready for paint. But I made few detials like screws on handgrip, and end of the barrell with the attachment for the mythos bipod. So plan will be brought to life oryginal DC-15a and elements to convert it to mythos.

Mike

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back