Mythos Boba DC-15a

Delta13Mike

Active Hunter
From the moment I saw Boba Mythos statue I'm thincking of bulding DC-15a he is holding... And well holidays are cooming so why not give it a try. At the moment I'm gatering information, I alredy have standard DC-15a plans but it seems his have quite a lot diferences from oryginal one:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/p...mythos-010.jpg
Boba4.jpg

I realize Mythos is quite precise when it comes to theyr modes but I also assume some "reducion" of details is needed. And To be honest that is part where I'm not sure how to approch it. Go it with more accurate DC-15a and "modyfie it" or go with simpler Mythos design. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, I'm gonna build that DC-15a sniper out of wood, aluminium and plastic too - what plan did you end up going with? I'm under the impression that the main difference between the standard DC-15a - and the Mythos version is the extended barrel... here are some build threads and plans, but just started research as well:
https://70thexplorers.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3811
DC-15a Scratch Build
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f45/wip-clone-trooper-dc-15a-rifle-scratch-49694/
Also, details for the M60 - though would be better to find complete blueprints:
The-Blueprints.com - Blueprints > Weapons > Machine Guns > M60 Machine Gun
Complete M60 Machine Gun

Nice!:) Well generaly the same plan. I like to work with sintra so that would be major metrial, some metal pipe as "backbone" for whole thing and wooden stock.
For me it seems middel part is thiner, the triange element seems to somehow smaller to. Ther is this elemet that look like reloding lever and area around it looks longer and slimer then in DC. Also the radioator part of barrel is sperated into two pieces. Ther is no box or mag on right side. And ther alos is something what I belive is bipod under barrel. And as you mentioned extended barrel. And much less details then movie one.

Is it Hasbro DC? If so thank you for offer but it is much too much off the actual scale. So i would propably go with my own DC bulid, I alredy printed plans and I'm scaling mesuring etc. But thank you!

Works are on. I have wood and pipes but that have to whait, for now I'm working on smaller parts as I have less time.
So first thing is the "Scope" Don't mind putty I had to make sure "seams" will look good.
DSC_0447mini_zpstdejaw1b.jpg

I decided to make something in that place, It is first element you look at when you are aiming so definitly ther sood be something. I remember some lights form BFII, but is there any reference what actualy shood be there?
DSC_0448mini_zpseiysswbb.jpg

Mike

Scope is sanded and with some more details, but I still didn't solve the "dispaly" problem, I propably will design something on my own.

DSC_0450mini_zpsqjvio2yo.jpg

DSC_0451mini_zps5qxblxmt.jpg

Mike

So that is what I came up with. Nothing too fancy. I assume I can not make it a scope as you can't see thru it, so i went dispaly path. And here it is some simple elemnts.

DSC_0452mini_zpsytgfyrgb.jpg

I know some lines are not perfect but it is quite tiny thing, hard to cut and hard to see from distance it will be monted on gun.

Mike

That looks great Mike, I've also only seen the red glowing rectangle in other pictures - I was in the process of photoshopping a version of this to print onto a clear plastic sheet for that section. Your workmanship is really impressive.
LTKVWPa.jpg

Rangefinder (small).jpg

Thank you :)

That is aswomescope!! but it is very detialed and there is not musch space in that window. Mine have 1.7cm / 5.3ccm so as far as I love yor idea I would recomend simplifiaing it a litte as even if printing will be so precise you will just it smaller then here in post. But with litte offtop I have to find someone with laser cuter for such parts and maybe I will replace mine as well.

Mike

And small up date. I started making a clip. For me it will be power source as well as I'm planing to hide in it the battery pack. Not a big thing but still a step forward:

DSC_0453mini_zps7j6lrp7t.jpg

DSC_0454mini_zpsj31amhdp.jpg

Mike

The mag is done, some tube, smoe 1mm sintra and putty:

DSC_0456mini_zpsqbj3wn9h.jpg

Also the other side of magazine slot, I dediced to replicate the mag shape on it, athought it still require some work.

DSC_0457mini_zpswpila6wg.jpg

And that is how parts come thoghter.

DSC_0458mini_zpssbn41ydh.jpg

Mike

Yesterday I found something intresting, I was looking at some sideshow clone satues when I took a closer look at DC-15a they are carring"
100206-clone-trooper-deluxe-veteran-004.jpg

It is the same simplefied desighn as Boba has. What allowes me to belive that it shood be DC-15a replica with some modfications.

Mike

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back