My WIP

The diamond is the correct size, it's the armor spacing. I had to try to even out the armor to try to take up more space on the vest. If I bring the armor closer together, there is way too much vest showing. I am at a disadvantage to smaller guys because I have way more space to take up with the armor on the vest than shorter guys. I posted the pic to my WIP 501st thread. I don't think I need too much more to do to the suit, at least I hope.

Looks great man. A few tweaks needed here and there, but that's just normal stuff. Sounds like you're already on top of it. Short of buying larger armor, I don't really think you can do too much about the spacing.

Having been a GML for 3yrs and my specialty being Fett....honestly the only thing im seeing that glares out at me is the space betwenn the bottom of your vest and the top of the ammo and girth belt is alot, likely due to your height. The best i could suggest would be see if you can have the girth and ammo belt sit higher on your body. The Ammo belt should sit over your belly button and the girth top should be behind it. The girth also should cover some of the Cod, but that may not work because of your height, but i think having the girth only slightly overlapping the cod or sitting on top of it would be less distracting than having so much space between the bottom of the vest and the top of the ammo and girth belts. If you can hike up the cod a bit, do that as well, just dont smash your junk lol.

Another option would be removing your mid section :p

Well removing my mid section isn't in the cards lol. I am trooping at a comic store tomorrow and I will try to make those changes and get some pics. The people helping me will have no idea howntonhelp me suit up so it may end up looking worse lol.
Thanks for the feedback Lou, you da man.

- - - Updated - - -

I can unfold my best to help fill the gap, but then I would have a lot of bare vest under the ab plate.

Here is a pic from my first troop last Saturday. I broke off one of the toe spikes and the top off of the survival knife shin tool, but other than that the troop went pretty good. I was in the suit for 2.5 hours, and I wasn't really uncomfortable. The metal jp harness worked great, and having the fiberglass jp from fettseven helped too since its lighter than a resin one would be.
I moved the girth belt so it sits on top of the cod piece and I pit the ammo belt on the top of the girth belt.

IMG_0356.JPG

Here are a few pics of me in the suit. The one with the girl was from wizard world philly (i know the vest is too long, I had been in the suit for close to 3 hours when I took this pic). The other one is one of my approval pics. I should be getting the final word any time now.

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0442.jpg

Got the news today, I got approved. I just have to wait for the official word with my new TKID.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back