My Ugly Duckling Recasted MH Progress thread

epicness.jpg

Looks pretty on the outside! Quite rough on the inside though. Any plan on fixing that?

The helmet liner loosly fit in. i had to cut it to get it to fit tighter. I will be hot glueing it in after i install the range finder and mq-1 circuit inside. with the liner in, the helmet fits comfortably snug and doesnt bobble around.
IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Some Updates

My fett pride armor came. I trimmed it all up and very pleased with it. The armor fits really well.
IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

My ESB fett pride armor came with one ROTJ shoulder, so I put in the ESB dent myself.
IMG_0325.jpg

I also got my Ladysewforus vest tailered so it fits a little better. The vest is really great, it just was a little too wide so i had it taken in.
IMG_0326.jpg

A few helmet updates.
I tore out my T visor and used a dremmel and shaved down the insides of the mandibles to make it fit more flush. I am pleased with the results and the helmet fits much better. I also installed the MQ-1 circuit board behind the keys.

IMG_0319.jpg

Also pictured is my new metal range finder stalk courtesy of Commando Eight. When the range finder arrives in the mail I will complete the helmet and begin working on the armor.
IMG_0321.jpg

Now this is customizing! Can't say enough about the patience, determination, and ability involved in producing the result you have here. Really great work mate! It gives me a lot of hope for when I redo my MLC Jango helmet.

Its taken some time, but the whole thing has been a learning experience. later down the line, i want to get a bobamaker helmet and an airbrush and really do it right.

Now this is customizing! Can't say enough about the patience, determination, and ability involved in producing the result you have here. Really great work mate! It gives me a lot of hope for when I redo my MLC Jango helmet.

Looks great bro(y) Did you use AFFO$ spray list? I have one of these buckets too, and was going to paint it using AFFO$'s spraypaint list and see how it comes out compared to my MSH1 using an airbrush and RS list.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back