My SCRATCH-BUILT BOOTS - FINALLY DONE!!!

those boots are hott rob :cheers

quick question: being that the base shoes are low tops.do your feet slip out when you walk since there isnt any way to tie things up above the ankle?

Interesting question....well, the boots feel like kinda loose, which you have to ask the guys from RUN DMC to ask them how did their shoes stuck in their feet while dancing, with no strings on! :lol: (Probably the same way here)

But they're well tight at the top, which you will add the jumpuit leg tucked in, plus the spats. you mostly feel the weight at the top of the ankle and not much of a difference inside, based on the dimensions I cut and sewed the fabric of the boot.

Of course, I'm having HELL everytime I put them on, cause the "thongue" of the shoe inside, slips with the top of my feet inwards, and I have to stick my fingers to hold the thongue while putting the shoe on, carefully to not rip the top of the boot.

Robert

When I made mine, I glued the tongue to the top of the shoe so it wouldn't slip down. I cut straight down the back of the heel of my shoe, put in a zipper all the way up the back, and covered the zipper with a flap. Not really accurate at all, but my feet slip in through the back and the shoes fit well and are very comfortable. Considering the price, I'm happy.

Lisa, that was my original plan to do with my boots, but at the last minute, I noticed that the zipper I bought was too long, so I had to improvise. And what did I had to loose when I'm doing something myself, and nothing better than going the "accurate way" as possible.

I still have time to add fabric glue to the tongue from the inside to the inside of the canvas...that will help.

BTW, are you going to Dragon*Con? I'd gladly show you my boots in person and let you see how I did them personally.

Robert

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back