My ESB Helmet

**UPDATE**

Got the back about 95% finished last night, all the main colours are down and all that remains is to finish off the keyslot area and add final weathering, next step will be the killstripes (y) Then I can make space for my next projects an ESB and ROTJ helmet which I will be working on simultaneously, on a side note I have just got back from meeting Gav (Mojo Fett) for the first time, it was great to finally put a face to the name and big thanks to Mrs Mojo for the cup of tea :cheers Enjoy....

ESB27.JPG

ESB28.JPG

ESB29.JPG

....Masked killstripes, and then the finished article, I used 5 mm Tamiya masking tape to get the outlines then filled in the areas to be left green/silver with Windsor and Newton masking fluid (y)

ESB31.JPG

ESB30.JPG

Good to finally meet ya bruv... (y)
Can't wait to see what you do with my ROTJ if these pics are anything to go by! :love

Oh and Mrs Mojo says your welcome any-time but prefers not to be called Mrs Mojo.... :lol:lol:

Hey HeadlessHunter, you know that the killstripes color turns into a slightly orange to the back, don´t you?

Just a small tip! I can´t see it at this angle ...

great job you did here bro! Love to see that you turned it into the real deal: fully layered!

;-)

Manuel

It does turn orange towards the back of the killstripe pattern, I did it in 2 goes, laid down the yellow first and then misted with the darker yellowy/orange after, you are right it doesn't show in the photo, I will get some more up as I progress further (y)

UPDATE!! I spent the last few hours masking off the dark grey and the silver on the RF side ear pieces and then applying 2 thin coats of my main colour of choice, after a while I started masking off the area that will be black and form the main part of the 'decal' I always prefer to paint these details on but thats just my choice, I usually regret it after about 3 minutes of trying to get the masking tape to form the correct shape :lol: Anyway, here are the results, more to come soon (y)

S8301155.JPG

S8301156.JPG

Hey brother, just a small tip: I always use normal paper, draw the decals on and cut it out. Then I lay it over the ear, fix it on the table when in right position and afterwards airbrushign the color on. Works great and you don´t have to fight with those many pieces of masking tape! Cutting the decal is getting nice round corners ... when using masking tape I always had to adjust samll bits with masking fluid to get it "round" enough. :)

Great job on the helmet Joe!

About time I updated this, a few teaser pics before the final push to get this finished, I have loved painting this helmet despite the numerous repaints and starts from scratch, its been worth every minute

S8301163.JPG

S8301164.JPG

S8301165.JPG

S8301166.JPG

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back