My ESB Boba Fett build

sebree

Active Hunter
So I have slowly been working on gathering what I need for my ESB Boba Fett build, not every purchase I have made has worked out, but I am happy with what I have so far. I am on a $100 a month budget which of course doesn't go far in this hobby. But here is what I have so far.

ESB cape (unknown maker)
B pulls nimrod holster maker unknown
Resin EE-3
3D printed about to be molded and casted Pulse 40 sidearm
ESB Wookie braids
Ebay shin tools (missing the jet pack alignment tool)
Jet pack

Any affordable leads are greatly appreciated.
View attachment 146258
View attachment 146261
View attachment 146262
View attachment 146266

View attachment 146254

View attachment 146255

View attachment 146256

View attachment 146257

View attachment 146259

View attachment 146260

View attachment 146263

View attachment 146264

View attachment 146265

View attachment 146267

View attachment 146268

View attachment 146269

Last edited:
Your right, a hobby allowance doesn't go far. Building an R2 and then starting a Fett costume, what was I thinking. lol. The fun and people along the way of the journey is a great experience. Looking forward to seeing more updates.

southern Indiana
scott

Lol it's a hard journey , frustrating and expensive . I started after I went to a Star Wars convention in December 2015 . I have done nothing but eat and sleep fett and am to far in to quit . Only got a blaster , Cape , girth belt , one shin tool and the armour connectors to go .

True. Hard long journey. I've got 8 years into a R2 unit. I am hoping maybe a year for Fett costume. Again wishing. lol. But what I like the most is the people I meet at the conventions and build days.

southern Indiana
scott

Yelp. 2 daughter, girls scout, church, work, and my supporting wife. So time for hobby is limited. But every activity with family is great. Can not complain. The road of this adventure is truly an experience. And we Star Wars as family. Happy building / costuming.

southern Indiana
scott

I will keep adding as I got just got the sling for the EE-3 yesterday so hopefully I can get that permanently attached with some E6000.

It is a long journey! And almost never ending lol. My SE Fett was approved about 4 years ago, and Im still making adjustments and upgrades! My advice would be to save up and purchase quality gear the first time around! It will save you much $ in the end. Since my approval Ive already replaced all of my armor from ebay fiberglass stuff to RKD armor, reworked my ammo pouches twice, and ordered a new helmet from anime fan to replace my ebay helmet as well. Among other heres and theres. Take your time, be patient and go slow with quality first, best advice I can offer (wish I would have listened when I started out lol) good luck!

It is a long journey! And almost never ending lol. My SE Fett was approved about 4 years ago, and Im still making adjustments and upgrades! My advice would be to save up and purchase quality gear the first time around! It will save you much $ in the end. Since my approval Ive already replaced all of my armor from ebay fiberglass stuff to RKD armor, reworked my ammo pouches twice, and ordered a new helmet from anime fan to replace my ebay helmet as well. Among other heres and theres. Take your time, be patient and go slow with quality first, best advice I can offer (wish I would have listened when I started out lol) good luck!
Yes thank you, I totally understand the want to finish right away and the need to use quality products for a lasting kit. What I have so far is about 2 - 3 years of build up. I am hoping to save up for Arkady soft parts. I am looking to get RKD armor once I get enough money saved (hard to do), and MoW boots with metal toe spikes. Any other leads or suggestions by anyone would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G920T

You can get a mini airbrush kit from Amazon for like $60 I use mine all the time and works great ! All the paint I bought for my fett (all humbrol) plus masking fluid shipped was around $50 too so no need to do rattle cans !

You can get a mini airbrush kit from Amazon for like $60 I use mine all the time and works great ! All the paint I bought for my fett (all humbrol) plus masking fluid shipped was around $50 too so no need to do rattle cans !
I have not tried airbrushing in decades but it might be a good thing for me to consider. I will look into it. And what are your thoughts on using tooth paste instead of masking fluid?

Sent from my SM-G920T

First time I ever used a air brush was for my fett helmet !! I've never actually used anything but humbrol masking fluid and at $4 a bottle it's a hell of a deal ! I bought two not knowing and didn't even use a whole bottle on my fett

I have not tried airbrushing in decades but it might be a good thing for me to consider. I will look into it. And what are your thoughts on using tooth paste instead of masking fluid?

Sent from my SM-G920T

I saw in a paint thread for AFFO$ that he uses mustard instead of masking fluid sometimes. Might be worth looking into.

f5b7174bd741b8575da4e9743d0e98b3.jpg

Here is my 3D printed Pulse 40, I need to Bondo the seams and paint it the correct colors.

Sent from my SM-G920T

Attachments

• f5b7174bd741b8575da4e9743d0e98b3.jpg
    f5b7174bd741b8575da4e9743d0e98b3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 162
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back