My Celebration V limited edition Fett print!

Yeah I wanted one of those prints so badly. Those new photos are excellent. I saw them on Facebook and I still drool when I see them. That is one outstanding MOM Boba!

I think this is my favorite one:
181944_187542461284640_100000866635471_394482_7952402_n.jpg

Great art and great suit!

Thanks, guys. There's a couple things on my suit I did just for ease of trooping, not accuracy. When I was building the blaster, I never attached the inside rear resin buttstock detail piece, fearing the edges of it would catch or rub badly on my ab plate. You never see it when I'm trooping, because it's mostly covered up anyway. I put on the front one, just not the rear one. You can see that section in a picture here:

188781_188415397864013_100000866635471_398950_6965833_n.jpg

In almost 12 years of Boba costuming, I've also never attached the collar plate and backplate with screws like the movie suits did. Once the jetpack and backplate are on, I just velcro down the collar and it sits on top of the top parts of the backplate. Yes, it does sometimes pop up when viewed from the sides, but it gives me a bit more range of motion then I would get if the two were bolted together. That is always a good thing when costuming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember how I mentioned I've never attached my collar and backplate together with screws for giving me more range of motion while costuming? I was just browsing screen-caps last night and it looks like Lucasfilm also made one like that, for stunt use. Look at this picture:

RotJ_HD_077.png

Note the backplate on the right side of the picture not only isn't connected to the collar plate, there's no screw holes in it at all, so it was made to not have any for "stunts", I guess. You can see it used again here:

RotJ_HD_082.png

Note how the collar plate is popping up a little over the backplate. This also sometimes happens with my suit depending on the pose/move I am doing:

190367_188415124530707_100000866635471_398947_591613_n.jpg

So now, the next time some Boba costumer asks me why my collar and backplate aren't connected, I can just say "It's the ROTJ stunt backplate!" ... and still be movie canon. ;)

I think it's just a case of the plate having snapped off at the holes during the production. If you look closer, there seems to be an indication of where the inner hole might have been so I think it wasn't a conscious decision on their part.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back