My budget Bucket Progress

A new week.... a new project.
I started working on my armour this week.... and low and behold the mail came today! And it in? ---- my helmet and armour decals from Lucksy31!

I promptly stopped production to apply the helmet decals and do some damage work on my bucket. These were SOOO easy to work with! And they look amazing!! Nice self-adhesive... with a clear film over top so you can place them correctly and easily! Thanks again Lucksy31!!

DSCF2702.JPG

DSCF2704.JPG

DSCF2705.JPG

DSCF2706.JPG

DSCF2712.JPG

Thanks man! Yours is coming along very nicely! It's probably going to look a lot better than mine, when it's done.

I'm really happy with how this is turning out... I was so worried that I had blown my money on this, when it arrived... it's taken a lot of elbow grease to get it this far!
I filed the inside of the visor area for 2 hours the other day! Just to get the visor to sit nice and snug! :)

Thanks man! Yours is coming along very nicely! It's probably going to look a lot better than mine, when it's done.

I'm really happy with how this is turning out... I was so worried that I had blown my money on this, when it arrived... it's taken a lot of elbow grease to get it this far!
I filed the inside of the visor area for 2 hours the other day! Just to get the visor to sit nice and snug! :)

LOL well lets see about that when Im done ;) I can say that other then that, your painting skills are far more superior than mine. Needless to say, youve really got talent. (y)

LOL well lets see about that when Im done ;) I can say that other then that, your painting skills are far more superior than mine. Needless to say, youve really got talent. (y)
Thanks brother!
That's a nice thing to say!
I've been painting miniatures for a very long time... but still hasn't taught me patience.
Most of the details on my bucket are a combination of quality latex masking fluid... and luck! lol.... Most of the paints I used for details were too dark the first try.... I lightened them up a lot.

I'm happy it turned out as well as it did... but, if I ever get around to doing another helmet, I've learned a lot of lessons from this one! :)

(btw... I don't think any of the details I've been able to do would have been possible if not for the very high quality pictures people have taken of the MR helmet and the JB project... that goes for my armour too.... thanks, everyone, for providing such excellent photos of your work!)

This is a really great example of saving a hemet destined for doom. You took a shoddy cast and made it look great! I can't wait to see it when it's done!

More close-ups please!

This is a really great example of saving a hemet destined for doom. You took a shoddy cast and made it look great! I can't wait to see it when it's done!

More close-ups please!
lol... I think I'll take the "Pretty Actresses who refuse to be shot in HD" clause, thanks! :)
This bucket looks ALOT better from a small distance.

But I will be happy to post some close ups, if you all promise not to be too hard on it! ;)

Thanks, though! This helmet was indeed a veeeeeery shoddy cast (bought before I had knowledge of this fangroup.... otherwise I would have shelled out for a $200 MSH2 or something similar, lol)

Hi everyone!

Some new progress pics for today!
I was able to Bondo the Keyhole area... cleaned up the bucket... a few layers of grey primer... and on goes the silver layer!!

While I was waiting for Bondo and paint to dry, I was able to paint the right ear pieces and the RF! WHOOHOO!!!

Off to the craft store tonight to buy some latex masking fluid!!
Gonna mask off the damage tomorrow.

Enjoy!
As always... feedback would be great!
Thanks!

Hey...your helmet looks realy great. how do you start with the helmet... templates for hard paper, or gfk !? sorry don't know the right technical name for it... i'am start with my own helmet. download templates as apdf-file... cut them out... glue them together...gfk from inside... grinding, grinding grinding... but i love it... best wishes from germany dirk

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back