My Boba helmet

Likewise!

Anyway, I got a dremel kit today, so I'm going to have a go at this Rubies helmet before I try those pep. files.
I think I'll cut out all of the existing visor, trim down the inside lip, and try to sand out the inside to make it more smooth. Then I'll see what I can do to pad it so it doesn't slide around on my head.
I'll end up repainting it as well, as it looks horrible as is. If nothing else, it'll make a cool display piece.

Awesome! Can't wait to watch your progress. I'm currently working on modifying a DP95 to be more accurate. It seems like the further along I get, the more things I find that need to be modified.

Jeff.

Here's the first step into modifying this helmet. I had to use a X-acto knife on the upper portion of the visor, as the dremel was having trouble cutting the vinyl, and was only producing a lot of smoke. I'll have to finish cleaning up some of the edges before I start painting. I think it already looks better.
2011-12-26_19-55-35_893.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back