My 1:1 Levitating Jedi Training Remote

azheat01

Active Hunter
Some of you already saw this on the other board, but wanted to share here for those who haven't. This was a real fun, but brutal build! I took the guts out of a levitating earth and stuck them in a plastic sphere. I'm not going to post all the progress pics again, but here's a few shots and some video. Just need to install the rims and weather this bad boy and it's done! Kept the budget under $200. Some of the pieces I 3D printed myself, some were found parts from actual model kits I found, and I got a few pieces from another builder.

The video below was taken just before I finished installing the side panels, gun ports, and muffler baffles.

IMG_2795.JPG

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_2917.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_3523.JPG

IMG_3524.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

IMG_3681.jpg

Last edited:
That came out amazingly!

That looks freaking awesome.

Thank you!

I think I am going to call this done. Started on the weathering (a few shots below) but not quite done; I need to move on to another project. Some of the weathering is muted out in the last photo, but I toned down the yellow at the end and added a few light scatters of darker color. I really love how this came out. It's not entirely screen accurate, and despite a few issues, looks great.

I was able to stay close to my original budget, went a little over. But outside of my time, I'm at about $185.00 in materials. Took me a while to finish though........

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

IMG_3701.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back