MS3 Progress thread :)

Anyone getting bored of all these pics yet? :)

UPDATE: July 31st
And we continue around the mandibles. . .
Got the left mand finished up, and started at the bottom of the right one. The UPPER right mandible has a looooooot of fine detail, and with limited time during the week, I won't start this area just yet. I want to make sure I give myself a good block of time before getting into it. (y)

Here's a couple of angles of where I am right now.

IMG_1462.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

Stay tuned for more! :D

I have to agree with MandalorFett. Cant get tired of the pics. Never mind that is my helmet :p

Its looking amazing Eric. You are a true artist sir.

UPDATE: August 1st:
Whack for my daddy-o! Whack for my daddy-o! There's whiskey in the jar-o!!
Don't you hate it when you get a song stuck in your head? :lol:

Alright. . . the mandibles are done.
Had to take a few breaks while doing the right mandible area. There's a lot of tiny shapes to do in there. *Whew!* :p
Here's the result of today's work.

IMG_1469.jpg

Once again, after all painting is complete, I'll go back to do some pastel weathering, and add the tan "spatter" over the front of the helmet, so the contrast will be toned down some.

Next will be the cheeks! I usually save the dome for last because. . . well, I don't really know! :lol:

Huh, who, where, what?? Did I make another deal that I don't know about? :lol: ;)[/quote]

Don't worry I asked your wife and she said it would be OK(y). So when do I send it to you:lol:lol:

Don't worry I asked your wife and she said it would be OK(y). So when do I send it to you:lol:lol:

That woman. . . always writing checks my body can't cash! :lol:

Well, a deal's a deal I guess. She mentioned the 7000% commission that you'll have to pay her, right????
You have to read the fine print with her! ;)

"NO" UPDATE: August 2nd

I had to spend around 5 hours totally reformatting my computer. Picked up a virus apparently that sent me to pop-up Hades. Nothing we tried would get rid of it. :cry
Fortunately, all the pics and music and that kind of stuff is stored on our external hard drive, so I didn't lose anything. *Whew!*
But everything seems to be working A-OK now, so more updates will follow soon!

UPDATE: August 3rd

OK, back into the swing of things. My computer is fine, and I can concentrate on more important things. . . like Boba Fett! ;)

Got the upper cheeks and portions of the lower cheeks done. Now that the mandibles are painted, the "Fett face" is really starting to take shape. All I have left on the lower parts of the helmet is some small detailing on the lower left cheek. I won't begin this until the weekend. Once I start on the gray areas on the lower cheeks and dome, I'll have to adjust my SP Lark Dark Gray a bit by darkening it slightly. Out of the bottle, the tone is really close to the Panzerolivgrun, and doesn't show up well. I'll darken it with some PRR Brunswick Green a few drops at a time until I get a good tone that matches the reference pics.

Pics!

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

This weekend I'll also do the dreaded KILLSTRIPES!!! (Cue the scary music here!) :lol:

Incredible, I love progress threads and this one is the best yet. Great pictures!

I agree. That has got to be the BEST ESB paint job I have seen yet! SPOT ON with the size and spacing of all the damage and yet still maintaining the chaotic and random look of the film used bucket.

"Well done, Indy! Well done indeed!":cheers

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back