Mind Blown: Knee Armor

clmayfield

Active Hunter
I know this was discovered a while ago, but I wanted to point out that ESB Fett has knee armor worn in 4 different configurations. We all know the standard way, but I was perusing through the RafalFett's Misc Templates and Blueprints thread when I noticed that there is a screen shot with the darts on the inside. I have no idea where this screen shot is from. For a second, I thought it was perhaps two separate knee pics spliced together for a better view, but if that were the case, the cape would be on the side of the knee darts. I then went through all of the screen shots in the gallery and discovered the other configurations. These all came up in a 2011 thread, but I thought I'd point it out.

1. Standard: Flat side up, knee darts on outside (BH scene, Bespin Banquet Room scene)
2. Carbonite Scene: upside down, darts on outside
3. Bespin Hallway: two right knee armor, worn standard
4. ?????: Swapped, knee darts on inside?

I know I haven't been at it as long as most people here, but my mind was blown.

Here are all the ESB knee variations (this is the original post ==> http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/...p-me-pic-heavy-50350/index2.html#post697300):

Actually there are at least 4 knee setups in ESB:

1 - The normal knee setup.
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg

2 - The 2 right knee setup (right ESB and left Pre-Pro #3).
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg

3 - The upside down/reversed knee setup.
attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg

4 - The reversed knee setup.
attachment.jpg

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 166
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 158
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 169
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 154
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 150
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 156
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 150
RafalFett, you are a ninja. Thanks! I was wondering where that last shot came from. At one point, taking the costume on and off, I had reversed the knees and decided to redo it. I guess it is not technically incorrect. I saw that an ROTJ suit from the AoSW 1995 exhibit had the knees reversed in that, but all of the other displays have had them the "standard" way.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back