MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50.

Having worked in a law firm that represented celebreties from time to time, it's very common with the jet set to simply settle, than to endure the long term cost of litagation. Right or wrong. We have an old saying in business, the higher up you rise, the more they shoot at ya'. People clearly took advantage MJ.

regardless of what Michael was accused of, he was an amazing pop star, and a great dancer, with an awesome stage prescence (sp?)...he was definately (in my opinion) ahead of his time...

my heart & sympathy go out to his family and his children...just think for those that go out and make jokes and lude remarks about his death, that two children are not going to have a daddy for the rest of thier life :( thats awful!!! not to mention how other members of his family will miss him as well.

may michael rest in peace..

Here is the post I made on the rpf:

All I know is, being in 5th grade when Thriller was at the peak of it's success, I thought my world would be complete if ONLY I had that jacket. :cry

I can remember watching MTV for hours waiting for the Thriller video to cycle.
And that making of Thriller special, that was the first time I can remember ever seeing behind the scenes make-up artists and professional costumers doing their thing. Needless to say, I was hooked. Loved the werewolf and the zombies. I had dreams of having costumes that cool as a kid for halloween.

I don't particularly call myself a MJ fan, and I don't know very much about all the child molestation stuff. All I know is that from my perspective, he was never the same after the success of Thriller.

But if Rock with You, Billie Jean, Beat it, Thriller, or PYT come on the radio, I'll still dig on them.

Here are some iconic images (thanks to MJ) that played a small part in shaping my love for fx/prop/costume related work. (Well, maybe not that last pic).

goaway.jpg

thriller1.jpg

makingthriller1983screen3.jpg

rick.jpg

jacksonthriller1.jpg

teenwolf560.jpg

I've always thought talking about the good things about a dead guy is good.....but would we be doing this for OJ Simpson????

Just because the courts couldn't find him guilty didn't mean he wasn't and there was just one to many people who charged him with it....and he setteled with a few of them.....to me that's an admition of guilt king of pop or not a pedifile should not be praised

I've always thought talking about the good things about a dead guy is good.....but would we be doing this for OJ Simpson????

Just because the courts couldn't find him guilty didn't mean he wasn't and there was just one to many people who charged him with it....and he setteled with a few of them.....to me that's an admition of guilt king of pop or not a pedifile should not be praised

i think as long as nobady is offending enyone here, they can post any commemt . so just like everybody said the good things they can say the bad things this is a forum for discussion . remember this is still us not cuba. imo

Three celebrities in one week. I guess the myth is true...they die in threes. RIP to Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Micheal Jackson.

Really? Really? Since you know all these facts, do you know that instead of trying him criminally, they went for money? I'm sure you know that already, though, right? If I thought someone molested one of my kids, (after I go after them with a bat), I would be trying to get that person put away. I wouldn't just be suing for the money, like what happened here. And that may be what the courts saw as well.
As Gilmore mentioned earlier, another website has had people making the most horrible comments and yet they know nothing about the cases that occurred. So people speaking without knowing really bothers me.

Anyways,
Thank you for the music. I know you're moonwalking up in the clouds right now.

Remo Locke not to get into it with you personally but your argument works both ways my friend. There's no smoke without any fire. Who says it wasn't MJ who instigated the cash pay off? But I won't sing praise to any child molesters regardless of their prior life achievements. That one (in this case many) acts are unforgivable. I too would simply take to this mungrel with a drill and pliers.
Any healthy discussion is comprised of good and bad issues so don't take it soooo personally as it isn't you.
My thoughts go to his kids growing up having to endure his negative legacy, their innocent in all of this but they will suffer non the less.

Really? Really? Since you know all these facts, do you know that instead of trying him criminally, they went for money? I'm sure you know that already, though, right? If I thought someone molested one of my kids, (after I go after them with a bat), I would be trying to get that person put away. I wouldn't just be suing for the money, like what happened here. And that may be what the courts saw as well.
As Gilmore mentioned earlier, another website has had people making the most horrible comments and yet they know nothing about the cases that occurred. So people speaking without knowing really bothers me.

Anyways,
Thank you for the music. I know you're moonwalking up in the clouds right now.

Ok first please don't insult me and try to make it seem like i know nothing of what i talk about......

i have studied this case real close......now sure there probably was a few bandwagon jumpers to this but not all....

you say who wouldn't try to bring this guy down and take money instead of trial......i think after the catholic church thing we know people will take the money......but regardless of that most parents wouldn't wanna drag a child threw the courts and destroy their child's life........can you imagine doing that to your child the media ripping them not to mention MJ's very own fans.....the kids that will mock and tease....so no to me taking money is not a cop out but a last resort punishment........

p.s. well said BH
and i wouldnt have said anything eles on this except for the fact he try to make is seem like i talk without thinking

I was just checking out itunes and saw Michael Jackson had the top 5 spots on there top 100 album downloads, and even more crazy he's on there 22 times. So out of 100 albums he takes up 22% of the list. Craziness

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back