Mcquarrie Fett helmet WIP (action figure based)

roar!! ^ he stole my name!!! ;). thats one cool looking helmet. got a real sedistick look about it.

sue him for all he's got! copyright infringement!

and seriously, thats one intense helmet. i can't wait to see it finished (although i doubt any non-hardcore SW fan would know what it is...you'll be hearing a lot of "you did it wrong...no the antenna faces the other way...";))

and as for Chewie...considering you were only 3 hours in on the project, he doesn't look completely terrifying.

Keeps looking better and better!
I'm in the middle of a move right now, so I don't have access to a lot of my reference, but does this concept helmet really have the Borden connector? I just never noticed on any of the drawings. Very cool detail. :)

DUDE That is AWESOME!

If you make these into a run, I would consider buying one... depending on funds at the time of course... xD

-Naas (is excited! )

Keeps looking better and better!
I'm in the middle of a move right now, so I don't have access to a lot of my reference, but does this concept helmet really have the Borden connector? I just never noticed on any of the drawings. Very cool detail. :)

Well there isnt a picture of that side of the helmet nor the back....so I thought it would be cool to add a detail from the existing Fett design into my sculpt.
The back Im going off the Hasbro figure which was basically made up by the sculptors at Hasbro I have a buddy who actually worked on some of the MQ Hasbro figures.
Thats one thing about this particular one I liked that some things would have to left to me to make up.And because there is no picture of the right side who is to say the borden connector isnt there.

I think some of the existing features will be a nice touch. It might help some folks who aren't familiar with this concept design to know what/who it is supposed to be.

Well there isnt a picture of that side of the helmet nor the back....so I thought it would be cool to add a detail from the existing Fett design into my sculpt.
The back Im going off the Hasbro figure which was basically made up by the sculptors at Hasbro I have a buddy who actually worked on some of the MQ Hasbro figures.
Thats one thing about this particular one I liked that some things would have to left to me to make up.And because there is no picture of the right side who is to say the borden connector isnt there.

Gotcha! I think it's a nice detail to add. . . helps bring a continuity between the concept helmet and the one used in the movies. :) (y)

This is the first time I read this thread and DROOL.........:wacko Amazing, it is looking amazing. Def want...make that need!! Take care and keep up that work, those things are an art piece of beauty! Cheers!:cheers

Beautiful!!! Must get one of these! I've always loved the McQuarrie White Fetts from the days of the "Art of ESB" book when it first came out. Got my White Fett costume and would love to add one of these to my collection!

Geo

Just a note... I think the ref pic that is commonly available is actually backwards. Every Johnston concept has the rangefinder on the right and even the one other McQuarrie has the rangefinder on the right, but the photo (which comes from the Art of ESB) has the ref of this helmet with the rangefinder on the left.... but they also have a number of other concept helmets on that page and many of them have been reversed. I think this one was reversed too. It looks to me like Hasbro just went with what they saw and never considered if the image was reversed or not... sure glad they didn't make the RotJ ref from those few frames in Jabba's palace. Sorry, didn't mean to throw things off track but just thought I would mention it. Here is the concept art, as I believe it should be.

McQuarrie-Concept-01.jpg

hmmmm.....Yeah who knows if the original drawing was flipped or not.Who is to say it wasnt then the above is lol.Well because Its based off the pic above and the action figure Ill go with it.But thanks for your insight.

Well its been a long time since I have updated this but I finally finished the MQ Fett helmet.I pulled the first one the other day and painted it yesterday.

I know alot of you were following this project so i wanted to let you know it was done finally. Ill post up some pics today.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back