Makan Pyralis

since you're going custom I would have bondoed the dent, it is funny how every Mandalore gets hit in the same place on the helmet :)

Paint job looks good!

Zeever Fett said:
it is funny how every Mandalore gets hit in the same place on the helmet

It's their inherit reflexes. You can't teach that.

Awesome paint on the helmet! I especially like the rusting. Nice touch!

Did you do all this with the GW paint pots I spied in the pic?

drokkul said:
It's their inherit reflexes. You can't teach that.

Awesome paint on the helmet! I especially like the rusting. Nice touch!

Did you do all this with the GW paint pots I spied in the pic?

lol.....dang right u cant teach that! Thanks, i like it better then what i did the first time.

the red and the black under the visor and on the ear thingies is a spray paint, all the silver, gray, black, and rust are all gw paints....theyre the best paint!!!

Makan said:
lol.....dang right u cant teach that! Thanks, i like it better then what i did the first time.

the red and the black under the visor and on the ear thingies is a spray paint, all the silver, gray, black, and rust are all gw paints....theyre the best paint!!!

Do the new paint pots with the pop-top have the drying out problem?

When they switched from the old-old pots to those horrible unscrew lids was the worst thing they ever did. My paint would dry out left and right and I refused to keep shelling out cash for something I had used very little of. I still have some of the old-old-old pots with the Gremlin on them and the paint in those is as fresh as new.

They made me so mad I had switched to Vallejo.

ummmm......

my first encounter with gw paints was in 9th grade, about 3 years ago. is was big into mage knights and painting them. so one year my aunt bought be a warhammer kit with paint and figures along with some mage nights form my birthday. when i used the paint for the first time, i was in love. i was using model paint which would run the brushes or never fully dried. then i went to acrylic paints, and they would chip off from time to time. anyways, the wg paints at the time were screw tops and about a year after i opened them, they became hard, and i got a little discouraged! But i found a game workshops store at a mall that was close to my house and i got some to custom some star wars figures. The paints i have now are screw tops and the tops also pop open....

Here is a costume figure i did of fosterkeri as a birthday gift, it doesnt look to much like him....meaning the face, but i tried to paint the armor as good as i could to his.

DSC01126.jpg

DSC01127.jpg

i did not paint the flight suit, knees, shoulders. The shoes werent painted over but were modified with the black. The helmet is the same way, i only modified some parts of the helmet.

DSC01132.jpg

DSC01137.jpg

the figures at the bottom are other figures i have done....
Nova Trooper(Swg), Imp Officer(swg), Katarn Armor(swg), and me as a Dark Jedi(real life).........(can you tell i was an art student?)

i got me a flight suit and died it black, washed it to set the dye, but all the dye came out.....so i am gunna get another one later on.
DSC01412.gif

had a pouch area so i thought i would put some food caps in them.
DSC01414.gif

finally added the other colors to my chest and shoulders
DSC01415.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

i dont know why in the pictures the armor doesn't show up the same red....:angry :confused

here is an updated picture of my costume....its a bad shot, but the only one i have....
main.php

i made the guantlets out of pvc pipes, and other things, i will have to post pictures later....

That looks sweet dude. I still think you oughta add the skull emblem on the helmet. It gives it a bit more character.

i fear that may not come now, if it does it wont for a while. I am a member of the North Ridge, Buffalo New Yorks star wars fanforce, and my very good friend fosterkeri is now quiting, and selling his costume on ebay. I am now making a boba fett costume. After this last event, people were question who i was...."who is that?"..."is that boba fett?"..."Is he a good guy?"..."Is he a bad guy?".........i want to costume a character that people know right away and they dont have to question who i am....you know what i mean? anyways, what is a fanforce with out boba fett?

here is the link to fosterkeri's costume
http://cgi.ebay.com/Complete-Boba-Fett-ESB-Costume_W0QQitemZ260005322855QQihZ016QQcategoryZ37887QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back