Lizean Akai - Custom Fem'mando (Concept Pics)

Thanks guys, but I've found no problem with the thigh and shin armor fitting correctly so far.

My chest making process shall remain a mystery, well for now. :p

P6030260.jpg

P6030261.jpg

P6030259.jpg

Got the helmet sanded and primed, ready to start painting!

prepares to fall over dead.

Liz, have considered taking a green scotch-brite pad to that armor? it'll kill the glossyness without messing up the paint.

prepares to fall over dead.

Liz, have considered taking a green scotch-brite pad to that armor? it'll kill the glossyness without messing up the paint.

You can also use some black artists chalk dust with a nice soft bristle brush to dull it while adding carbon streaks at the same time. Gives it a nice dirty look without having to worry about using a wash. Just spray a light coating of craft sealer over it and your good to go. =)

I put together a funky little video showing off my current progress in my armor and helmet a little bit more.
Forgive my dorkyness!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice looking helmet. (y) I especially like the reinforcement wire at the bottom of the helmet. :cheers

What is it made of and is it's only purpose to support the bottom of the helmet or were you going to attach a microphone to it?

Sweet dog, too. Nice view of the mountains from your backyard. 8)

What is it made of and is it's only purpose to support the bottom of the helmet or were you going to attach a microphone to it?
It's just a standard metal craft ring snipped and installed with hot glue and epoxy, I think I might do a voice amp, but it's still a "lets see". :)

So when are you going to start attaching the pieces to vest and flight suit.
Working on attaching stuff to the gloves right now! I have my flight suit tailored and still waiting on the material for the vest to come in, so I'm getting there!

Great stuff, love the vid!

Glad to see Its all coming together nicely. :)

haha looks like home, just wit less snow and more redness haha.

New job + having to sew + difficulties with the t-visor has got me kinda drained (mentally) on this project. :c
I have the gloves nearly done though, so perhaps I'll have an update today/tomorrow.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back