Kid armor

I used trash cans from walmart at about $5.00 a piece for mine. I bought three. To bend it, for the knees, I held both ends together with a huge wrench and just kept it in boiling water for a little bit, took it out and put it in cold water and its pretty good now.

For gauntlets I made them out of matte board from Hobby Lobby which cost about $3.00 and they look fabulous. I found some old hobby paint that my mom had and used that on them, not totally accurate, but spray paint isn't cheap. Note, this was for a ROTJ.

If you are doing a custom I don't see what's wrong with using sports pads or shin guards. If its a custom, you should try to have a different looking costume.

For the vest, I used an old over-sized tshirt and cut off the sleeves. I then used a thicker tshirt and made a second layer of the sleeve. I drew the lines where the seams were between the puffiness. Then stuffed the sleeves with old, clean sock material. It turned out neat.

For this project I would keep your eyes peeled for anything useful lying around the house, cheap finds at any store you go to, and the scratch-built threads here. Good luck!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back