Jango Fett Flak Vest Need measurements and pictures

Macdaddymoose

New Hunter
So my roommate let me know she can see leather and I've shown her some of the pictures I've found on here. She needs more pictures of the back. And any measurements if possible if someone is willing to help me with this that would be really cool.

I am currently working on mine, currently I'm on my second draft but I think It's good now. If somebody with a little more experience in making these doesn't chime in I would be more than happy to share all the info I have with you including measurements and pictures.

Use this link to make the vest portion of the flak vest. I would recommend using your collar armor to get the shape of the neck correct (that was the hardest part for me). The arrow or upside down V that is shown on the front part of the pattern I didn't use because the screen used vest didn't have it. You will have to use your shoulder armor to get the sizing on the shoulders correct, if you do it the way they say to do it won't look right. Read the tutorial for the rest of the measurements and it should get you pretty close if not right on. I would also suggest making your first one out of a cheap material like vinyl just to make sure all your measurements are spot on before doing one out of leather.
Point's Vest Pattern + Build tute with FREE PATTERN guys AND girls
This is what my pattern looks like.
FRONT BACK SHOULDER
20160414_234717.jpg20160414_234738.jpg20160414_234746.jpg
As far as the stitching goes there is a seam down the middle of the back (double stitch) and one down the right side from the armpit to the bottom (double stitch). The top of the right shoulder gets the same stitching. The top of the left shoulder has a seam that is Velcroed together it is only stitched for about the first inch from the shoulder (not double stitched). From the left armpit to the bottom is velcroed all the way down (overlap type of Velcro).
The piping must have a filler in it or it will look to flat and has to be sewn in. The seam from the shoulder and middle back soul not extend into the piping. See pics.

LEFT SHOULDER LEFT SHOULDER RIGHT SHOULDER BACK STITCH
Jango-Fett-Costume-CII-050502A-018.jpgJango-Fett-Costume-CII-050502A-021.jpgJango-Fett-Costume-CII-050502J-03.jpgJango-Fett-Costume-CII-050502A-128.jpg
LEFT UNDER ARM If you look closely you can see that it is showing the forward stitch on the overlapping Velcro flap (not a seam)
Jango-Fett-Costume-CII-050502A-004.jpg
RIGHT UNDERARM stitch
Jango-Fett-Costume-CII-050502A-009.jpg

Jango-Fett-Costume-CII-050502A-019.jpg

very good tutorial friend, I have doubt dae as manufactures wings on the shoulders , I can not either make the shape or size sorry for my english :(

very good tutorial friend, I have doubt dae as manufactures wings on the shoulders , I can not either make the shape or size sorry for my english :(

It's really not that difficult. Take a piece of poster board and bend it into the inside of the shoulder armor then flip it over making sure to keep the poster board snug against the armor then trace it. It should look like the picture below, then cut out the shape find your center line fold it in half and cut it out. If you want you can trace it on a new piece of poster board like I did. Be sure to keep your center line and transfer your centerline to the piece of leather / vinyl that you cut out. You will need that centerline to line it up with the shoulder stitch when you attach it to your vest.

20160416_085635.jpg20160416_084749.jpg

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it . now I 'm deciding which fabric is best for the vest . I found these two

20160413_191129_zpsfbbcyifv.jpg

this is pulse 47
20160412_191609_zps0jmlv0a0.jpg

thanks!!!

Attachments

• 20160412_191609_zps0jmlv0a0.jpg
    916 KB · Views: 320
  • 20160413_191129_zpsfbbcyifv.jpg
    544.5 KB · Views: 263
Thank you for your help, I appreciate it . now I 'm deciding which fabric is best for the vest . I found these two

this is pulse 47

thanks!!!

Is that material leather? and where are you getting it from? I might be interested in purchasing some since I'm having a difficult time finding the right color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they ship to the United States. I'll just have to keep looking.

Thanks for the info. I actually got lucky and found the perfect leather (I Think) it was at Tandy leather on the bottom of their pile. Lots of digging to get to it lol. It has that slight bluish hue to it and goes from a dark grey to a light grey depending on lighting, The rough side is a denim blue color. It was the last one they had but I probably have enough leather to make 2 maybe 3 vests. I don't know what it's called all it says is Made in Argentina but for anybody with a Tandy Leather near by it was on their Whole Hides Assorted Colors table and measures .047 to .038 in thickness so basically 2 - 3 oz. (I measured it with my Digital Calipers)
View attachment 98981Jango Vest Leather a.jpg

Thanks for the info. I actually got lucky and found the perfect leather (I Think) it was at Tandy leather on the bottom of their pile. Lots of digging to get to it lol. It has that slight bluish hue to it and goes from a dark grey to a light grey depending on lighting, The rough side is a denim blue color. It was the last one they had but I probably have enough leather to make 2 maybe 3 vests. I don't know what it's called all it says is Made in Argentina but for anybody with a Tandy Leather near by it was on their Whole Hides Assorted Colors table and measures .047 to .038 in thickness so basically 2 - 3 oz. (I measured it with my Digital Calipers)
View attachment 98981View attachment 98983

he looks gorgeous, I have to buy it here in Spain , and it will have a dressmaker make me , I will be aware of this thread to see how it fits you, a greeting!

I would love to buy a new flak jacket, anyone actually selling?

Check with Loanstar he had some in the Cargo Hold about a month or two ago.
Other wise I will be selling the one that I am currently working on but it may be a few months before that happens. I'm making my current one out of a charcoal colored vinyl to get the pattern correct and work out the assembly process. The hardest part so far seems to be putting in the liner I'll post pics once it's done. I'm also testing the use of a zipper down the left side (under the arm) that will be covered by the Velcro flap. I already tried the zipper with no Velcro on the shoulder but couldn't get it to lay flat so shoulder will be Velcro. I might try the shoulder zipper again on my other test vest but using a smaller zipper. I just hate Velcro it wears out and sometimes pulls apart when moving around.
Sorry about that I know it was way more info than you were asking for.

Ok well I just finished my second vest and it turned out well but I still think I need to make some adjustments to the pattern. I was thinking about dropping the bottom of the arm hole 1" and reducing the chest material by 1/2" on each seide, I think the front neck line needs to come up about 1/2" and lower the back neck line by 1/8". tell me what you think.
Vest 1.jpgVest 2.jpgVest 3.jpgVest 4.jpgVest 5.jpgVest 6.jpgVest 7.jpgVest 9.jpgVest 10.jpgVest 11.jpgVest 12.jpg

Ok well I just finished my second vest and it turned out well but I still think I need to make some adjustments to the pattern. I was thinking about dropping the bottom of the arm hole 1" and reducing the chest material by 1/2" on each seide, I think the front neck line needs to come up about 1/2" and lower the back neck line by 1/8". tell me what you think.
View attachment 99221View attachment 99222View attachment 99223View attachment 99224View attachment 99225View attachment 99226View attachment 99227View attachment 99228View attachment 99229View attachment 99230View attachment 99231

AMAZING
looks amazing , I love it!

Thanks for the kind words. I still think it needs some adjustment though. Can you se anything aside from what I mentioned that should be adjusted?
Just an FYI this one is made of vinyl I'm dot doing my leather vest until I'm happy with the fit.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back