Jango Fett Build All around Questions

JangoMandalore

New Hunter
Hello all I currently got my flattening shirt and my flight suit. I'm a woman going as Jango for my 501st group. I'm 5'8'' and skinny so I match a friend and current Jango Fett for the Orange county garrison. Don't know why but I hate female armors and most of the Star wars female characters. I've been a fan of Boba Fett and read a lot of star wars novels on him so it was no question or doubt I wouldn't like Jango. I am going to do the Trash Can Method I've seen someone here do and i'm going to get leather from Springfield Leather.com. It's $5 a Square foot there and if you call they sometimes even discount that. I plan to make my Flak Vest next month. I was wondering though what is the best Method on how to make the Gauntlets and Jet Pack. I was thinking of trying to use the same material i'm using for the armor, or wood and PVC for the Jet Pack. I've seen someone do it on Youtube. I would also like to know where I can get his weapon's belt, WESTAR-34 Blaster Pistols, gloves and boots. I know where i'm going to get the helmet. Does anyone have any advice on how to get the dent out? I've never used Bondo before so i'm not sure what kind to get nor the grade of Sandpaper. I also can't decide between Snaps or using Magnets. I'm going for Level 1 Certification right now. Any advice is welcome.

get the Hasbro jango fett blaster, do any modifications and then prime and paint. for my boba im trying to piece together, I suppose magnets, just make sure it can support the weight of the jet pack

if your on a skinny or slight build and smaller head pm asok they make Jango helmets and which version of Jango rocket pack is kamino no dent stubby pack is arena dented Jango helmet

honestly, i don't think i've seen a completely home-made jango get approved in the past 3-4 years. you can get into a budget costume for about $1200-1500. the parts won't be top-of-the-line coldcast and leather, but with good painting, weathering, and assembly it'll get you approved. complete DIY, you'll be in $700-1000 before you know it, and unless you have just insane skills sculpting and sewing, it probably won't be very accurate. i'd rather save myself the trouble personally, especially when there are already accurate kits available that only cost a bit more made by people that have a great deal of knowledge and experience making the pieces they provide.

i'm not trying to talk you out of scratch building your own costume, i'm just pointing out the benefits of utilizing the experienced makers of tdh. there's still going to be a lot of work you will have to do to assemble a costume, more than enough of your own effort put in to make it "yours."

^^^^^^^. What Mike said. I can't imagine trying to make the gauntlets at all, not to mention making some that are passable by 501st studs. Just for sanity, I'd recommend buying the hard parts, then work on the soft ones while you wait on the parts ordered.

Thanks for the advice, I have 2 experienced Mando Mercs that are helping me with my build and I've actually worked for Ren Fairs doing Black smith work. They both suggest I atleast make the armor if anything else. Where do I go to find the Kits on here?

Good choice! The armor shouldn't be too bad at all. The gauntlets are an entirely different beast.
id ask Cruzer as he could probably help steer you with some info.

when you say trash can method I start to worry a lot. Don't use actual trash cans. They never look right and almost always look sloppy. There is a reason for this. The plastic in items like trash cans and buckets have already been molded once...........to the shape of a trash can. This process tends make them less likely to shape well to armor. I would highly recommend that you look into Sintra also known as PVC plastic. And I would recommend 6mm. This is thick enough to allow you to shape the edges and it is not very difficult to work with and shape.

I have made several sets of armor using 6mm sintra and the first set I did was with no knowledge at all but it still worked for me.

I will second what Mike M says too. There are places to save money but overall it takes some $ to get a good approved 501st Jango.

Throw out any questions or thoughts here on the forums and you will find plenty of help.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back