I've been doing SE all wrong!

Armydad

Active Hunter
So the other day I was copying the high res SE images from the gallery to my computer for upgrade research on my SE when I realized that my left knee pad is wrong! I've been wearing an ROTJ knee pad for the past 5 years now and only recently realized its a pre pro 2 knee pad! Man I feel dumb. And the ROTJ one is all wrong for SE, so I'm stuck at the moment, either find a new knee pad or bondo fill the ROTJ one I have and modify for the dent in the center. Does any one know someone who makes pre pro 2 knee pads? I've got RKD's armor and would like to keep it a matching set but I dont think he offers the pre pro knee pads. Any help or suggestions to ease this transition would be much appreciated, also feel free to laugh and point lol.

So the other day I was copying the high res SE images from the gallery to my computer for upgrade research on my SE when I realized that my left knee pad is wrong! I've been wearing an ROTJ knee pad for the past 5 years now and only recently realized its a pre pro 2 knee pad! Man I feel dumb. And the ROTJ one is all wrong for SE, so I'm stuck at the moment, either find a new knee pad or bondo fill the ROTJ one I have and modify for the dent in the center. Does any one know someone who makes pre pro 2 knee pads? I've got RKD's armor and would like to keep it a matching set but I dont think he offers the pre pro knee pads. Any help or suggestions to ease this transition would be much appreciated, also feel free to laugh and point lol.

Hi armydad I'm building an SE also how did your scope come out on your blaster? Or you dident cut it down ? Seems like the scope never gets talked about ....didn't mean to change topic but not to many do this build the correct way anyway the they will avoid the duck tape on hoses and the hose connected to the Gaunlet Missle .....

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi armydad I'm building an SE also how did your scope come out on your blaster? Or you dident cut it down ? Seems like the scope never gets talked about ....didn't mean to change topic but not to many do this build the correct way anyway the they will avoid the duck tape on hoses and the hose connected to the Gaunlet Missle .....

View attachment 101822View attachment 101821

I didnt cut it down, adds to the effect when trooping and kids look through it!

- - - Updated - - -

you dont need to bondo it....
Heat it with a heat gun and press it out....and redent it the same way....

I would have but its got two layers of ABS due to the inner shell, would have been too much to try and heat through without warping the surrounding areas. I've already bondoed and sanded the dents and added the correct dent. Surprisingly it wasnt as painful as anticipated, but now I know why so many people hate working with bondo! Im just glad it was only two tiny areas.

make sure to use a brighter yellow on that knee when you repaint...really theres two yellows on that knee.... funky paint on the PP knee

make sure to use a brighter yellow on that knee when you repaint...really theres two yellows on that knee.... funky paint on the PP knee

Yep, I've got Raff's stencil. I'll be doing the basic layered paint, with the lighter yellow under layer with the slightly darker yellow/orangish top layer.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back