Its a trap!

I can't remember what exactly they are called or how to explain them, but in basic training my TI had these menacing pieces of metal installed on his boots and they made an unmistakable metallic click and they faintly rang with each step on the hard floor in the barracks. It's not exactly "Spurs" but mixed with a couple jingle bells in the shin tools I'm thinking it might sound equally terrifying on Fett boots. I could be wrong it might have just been the setting, but I might explore that avenue and see if that sounds right.

Sent from my iPhone

I might need to re-stitch a couple but I'm on my way to an ammo belt!
b44906cd88f68a567fa9f6227770d412.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

So I haven't made a ton of progress but I think I I crossed a huge milestone. The dye of the flightsuit pattern. It took 3 different tries on 3 different dye baths. Some took, it was very splotchy so it was bleached and re-dyed over and over until I got it right!!!!! Pheww

7a205e55bdc38b59e1042b47c9b55516.jpg

e2c87bd84ea63673b31bcd452a3bd32f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Looking great man! i used krylon ruddy brown primer and just gloss coated it and weathered my sidearm..incase someone wants an alternative paint.

Thank you for the complements!

The next installment is pretty exciting. I finished up the vacuum table a few days ago and finally got some templates cut out of plywood. This is my first test pull and it needs to be refined a bit as well as curved. I'll continue to work on that and see if I can get the correct curve with the heat gun! For now this is all I have to show but come tomorrow night I may have big updates!

Templates:

a2984c1fe581a3c834d00a1b07e3f9ee.jpg

First test pull!!

9fc896526643cc730e4aa16ffbfc79bd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

I use a electric skillet in a insulated box. It worked really well.

Sent from my iPhone
Really?? Never heard of that! Could you possibly PM me with a pic of the setup? I need to finish my table and need a heating source. That's an idea!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Hey so I had to leave to go get taxes done so I didn't get to make my pull yet. But I do have pictures of the box with the plastic being heated. I'll take more pictures when I get home!

Heat box
d04b177aef98940e05b30aca399e793a.jpg

Table

cb7d8d867e6edbbb87f18ce3a9d747c4.jpg

The heating unit sits on top of a ceramic tile with foil underneath to insulate the heat and keep the box from being burnt.

edfe93c71edda3a1353d08d340cbd4fd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back