I just wanted to stop by and give my opinion on something...

Wow, I just hit this thread for the first time and skimmed through it. All I want to say is, if you don't have a sense of humor about yourself, and if you can't laugh at the absurdity of what we're doing here, you're in the wrong hobby. Let's face it, if you're an adult, dressing up in a play movie costume pretty much screams "mock me". I for one am OK with that.:)

Plus I admit I am an "elitist" and I do so enjoy making fun of those I deem geekier than I. It's theraputic and makes me feel better about myself.

Great thread guys...

Plus I admit I am an "elitist" and I do so enjoy making fun of those I deem geekier than I. It's theraputic and makes me feel better about myself.

OK... that was pretty funny. Can't tell you how many times I hear "well, at least we aren't kligons/elves/rpgers/etc. So funny that we tend to rank ourselves when the whole outside world just lumps us all together as geeks.

geekchartbig.gif

Originally this was about showing respect when preforming the Haka, a real life ritual dance. It was also mention that when preforming the Werda Verda, a ficticous ritual done by mandos and clones, (an omage to the real dance from the Maori) a certain amount of intensity be used as in the Haka. I think his point was that if we're are goin to emulate a culture because we admire their qualities we should put our all into it as a sign of respect (not to mandos, to the Maori and all island cultures). Also there are some of us who want to learn the Werda or help to form it to a point where we can perform it at and during trooping events to add the fun of it all.

Here are a few link about the haka. The first is more traditional, the second is a rugby team performing the Haka to intimidate the other team. (Look at the face of the other team)

The only look on that Irish team was one of hangover and the need to drink more and headbutt someone...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I love you guys.

That's all I'm going to say.

Other than that I do want to learn the Haka.

Oh, and I put the show up on youtube with a formal apology, I think it's in part 3 of the show. Just go to www.youtube.com/odditynerds if you want to check it out.

Mostly comic book reviews, and my friend does a short Legacy review in part 3.

But, I did apology both in the forums and in person, so that completely absolves me of the crime!

HAH!

*Leaps through a window runs off to freedom*

The High Clam lord was way ahead of his time. Had he waited until...oh... say.... now... to have made his first post here he may have had some takers. The wars in Iraq and Afganistan would be swayed by whichever side could pay his clan the most (thankfully that would have been our side!) and we would all have to apply for a passport to go to a certain part of...where was it...colorado?

In all seriousness, I agree that the use of the fictional language should be kept way to a minimum. Why not start a new subsection of the dented varient boards that is OK to use the language, and make the everything else "real language only". There is a time and place for everything and each of us has our own level of geek to contend with.

and we would all have to apply for a passport to go to a certain part of...where was it...colorado?

To our base on Mars, I thought. I have 4 acres with a panoramic view of the sun.

The High Clam lord was way ahead of his time. Had he waited until...oh... say.... now... to have made his first post here he may have had some takers. The wars in Iraq and Afganistan would be swayed by whichever side could pay his clan the most (thankfully that would have been our side!) and we would all have to apply for a passport to go to a certain part of...where was it...colorado?

In all seriousness, I agree that the use of the fictional language should be kept way to a minimum. Why not start a new subsection of the dented varient boards that is OK to use the language, and make the everything else "real language only". There is a time and place for everything and each of us has our own level of geek to contend with.

Again, the only thing I said that wasn't english was Dha Werda Verda...and it's really just a title. :confused

OK... OK... We went from poking a little fun to running it into the ground! Yes, the mandalore "culture" seems a bit odd to many of us, but some members want to embrace it. Last I saw, there were no rules against it, so can we move on already?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back