Horsehair Wookie Braids Run 2 *Full* Progress & Updates

Pic of Galactic Bounty Hunter's finished set:

GalacticBountyHunter8Front.jpg

The rest are in the Gallery Pics 160-172

GBH had asked me to curl the ends of the grey braid, so I thought I would post how to do that for anyone else who already has a set.

I used a 3/4 inch curling iron for about 30 seconds on each end. If you don't have access to a curling iron you can use cheap foam curlers which can be found at Wal-Mart or a beauty supply store like Sally's. When I bought these they were only about $3-4 for 20 of them. You can also just use a couple of hair pins. If you are going to use the foam curlers or hair pins I would suggest leaving them in for several hours.

You will need to periodically re-do the curls....horsehair is similar to human hair the curls will fall out over time.

*Side Note*

For those with synthetic hair braids USE EXRTREME CAUTION if you try the curling iron method. Some synthetic hair has a lower melting/ignighting point than others. The last thing you want to do is set your braids on fire. I am not responsible if you set yourself or anything else on fire if you try this.

Grey_Curls.jpg

I had the same question
and ...
can we get anb updated list of where you are & what order the rest of us are on the run(s)
thanx a bunch

I am almost finished with the last set of braids on the 2nd run. I've ordered the horsehair for the 3rd run. It should be here in 1-2 weeks. I'll be starting the 3rd run when the hair arrives.

Here's the list of people on the next run:

1. TK4130 – ESB - Confirmed 01/14/09 via PM
2. zanenigma – ESB - Confirmed 01/13/09 via PM
3. bearden521 – ROTJ - Confirmed 01/13/09 via email
4. thedustroom– ESB - Confirmed 01/13/09 via email
5. indy_solo – ESB & ROTJ - Confirmed 01/07/09 via PM
6. TK7903/ Ian - ROTJ - Cancelled 01/13/09
7. BobaFett07 – ROTJ - Confirmed 02/04/09 via PM
8. Fett Seven – ESB - Confirmed 01/13/09 via email
9. TXFett – ROTJ
10. envy_eyes – ESB
11. Citizen_Snips – ROTJ
12. Count Dookie – ROTJ - Confirmed 01/30/09 via PM
13. MOJO-FETT - ESB - Confirmed 01/13/09 via PM
14. slave1pilot – ROTJ - Confirmed 01/13/09 via PM
15. Sadious – ESB - confirmed 01/27/09
16. Ordo Te'skot - 3 strand unlooped
17. Batninja - confirmed 01/27/09
18. bowtiefreak – 30” looped
19. John S.
20. Thomas K

Pricing will be as follows:

Movie accurate sets:

3 braid ESB set (1 black looped, 1 flaxen blond unlooped, & 1 silver/gray braid unlooped) with red & black sinew $50.00

7 braid ROTJ extended set AKA the MOM set (1 small black, 1 black & white, 1 light blond (flaxen) & 1 brown braid Plus the following that are attached to the black & white braid: 1 gray partial braid, 1 black “tail” & 1 brown “tail” with 2 – 4 turn Turk head knots & 1 – 2 turn Turk head knot. The extended set is approximately 10 hours of labor. $75.00

All prices include shipping throughout the US. International buyers, please contact me for a shipping quote. I ship Monday through Friday USPS.

*Side note*

If you are on the next run & either have not told me which set you want or you want to change the set I have listed by your name, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance to all of you on the list for your patience. Any future runs I do after the 3rd one will be limited to 5-10 people so the wait won't be anywhere as long as it has been for the 3rd run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...names on that list I haven't seen on here in the last 8 months. :lol:

If anyone drops or doesn't pay, we'll be waiting (ROTJ *hint* *hint*)... :)

I am almost finished with the last set of braids on the 2nd run. I've ordered the horsehair for the 3rd run. It should be here in 1-2 weeks. I'll be starting the 3rd run when the hair arrives.

Here's the list of people on the next run:

1. TK4130
2. zanenigma – ESB
3. bearden521 – ROTJ
4. thedustroom(Paul) – ESB - Basic 3 braid ESB set (1 black, 1 yellow blond & 1 silver/gray braid) looped with 3 turkhead knots.
5. indy_solo – ROTJ
6. TK7903/ Ian - ROTJ
7. BobaFett07 – ROTJ
8. Fett Seven – ESB
9. TXFett – ROTJ
10. envy_eyes – ESB
11. Citizen_Snips – ROTJ
12. Count Dookie – ROTJ
13. MOJO-FETT (Gavin)ESB
14. slave1pilot – ROTJ - 3 braid ESB set (1 black looped, 1 flaxen blond unlooped, & 1 silver/gray braid unlooped) with red & black sinew
15. Sadious – ESB
16. Ordo Te'skot - 3 strand unlooped
17. Batninja
18. bowtiefreak – 30” looped
19. John S.
20. Thomas K

Pricing will be as follows:

Movie accurate sets:

3 braid ESB set (1 black looped, 1 flaxen blond unlooped, & 1 silver/gray braid unlooped) with red & black sinew $50.00

7 braid ROTJ extended set AKA the MOM set (1 small black, 1 black & white, 1 light blond (flaxen) & 1 brown braid Plus the following that are attached to the black & white braid: 1 gray partial braid, 1 black “tail” & 1 brown “tail” with 2 – 4 turn Turk head knots & 1 – 2 turn Turk head knot. The extended set is approximately 10 hours of labor. $75.00

All prices include shipping throughout the US. International buyers, please contact me for a shipping quote. I ship Monday through Friday USPS.

*Side note*

If you are on the next run & either have not told me which set you want or you want to change the set I have listed by your name, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance to all of you on the list for your patience. Any future runs I do after the 3rd one will be limited to 5-10 people so the wait won't be anywhere as long as it has been for the 3rd run.

Hi Julie, put on in the list with: One Set of each one (3 braid ESB Set & 7 braid ROTJ extends Sep AKA the MOM Set)

Thanks a lot :cheersLeo

Hi Julie, put on in the list with: One Set of each one (3 braid ESB Set & 7 braid ROTJ extends Sep AKA the MOM Set)

Thanks a lot :cheersLeo

Right now my next (3rd) run is full. I can put you on the interested/backup list for the following run if you'd like.

Quick update on the 3rd run. I'll be sending out PM's & emails to the first few people on the 3rd run list to confirm that you still want the braids & which set you want.

I'll also be compiling a list of people who have expressed interest in the braids that did not make it on the 3rd run, so you'll know where you stand if anyone falls off the list.

Yes he is and I hope to see him again very soon when I present him with his new sidearm... ;)

Qn - You have me down as straight up ESB I'd like to confirm that it is the accurate ESB version I'm after. (y) #13 I think.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back