Hi I am new to this and need some help

doctorstrange

New Hunter
Me and my SO are about to start working on our BF costumes for this years SDCC. I am very familiar to the world of pepakura and bondo/resin, can people recommend a thread with a BF helmet template and its tutorial? I've looked in the forums and at the stickied posts but they either have just templates or just tutorials. Do you guys/gals recommend going a certain route, like cardboard vs pepakura vs templates over each other?

Thank you for your time,

DrStrange

Thank you! I just found this about an hour ago and am already working away. I am attempting to use cardstock that I printed the template onto instead of the cardboard for financial reasons. I think that with resin and bondo should be just as good as a cardboard build. Ill update this thread with pictures later if it isnt removed.

You should be fine with cardstock and resin. Gives you leeway to get minor details and smooth out the helmet much more, than when using foam.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back