Hello from South Australia

Harrald0o

New Hunter
Hi Guys,

Ive been into collecting props for the past 10+ years and I spent the entirety of 2020 learning how to paint and 3D Print. I've been lurking and using TDH as an archive for reference material and I wanted to say thank you to all the amazing people who have created stencils, guides and even people who have just made helmets or armour. You're all incredibly talented and I as well as many others are in awe of your work.

I have a question for all the makers here, particularly the Boba Helmet makers.

I'm in the middle of printing one of minutefetts amazing STL files and I plan on making a Post-Sarlacc helmet but a question.

-From what i've been looking at with the reference photos, there's texturing on the dome, front mandables and cheeks but I'm unable to determine if there is any texturing on the back of the helmet. Everything that i've seen from the reference material make it look like its just flat paint. Is anyone able to shed some light on this?

265489812_1336469866785950_2760173051918816722_n.jpg

Thanks for reading and I cant wait to be apart of this fantastic community!
-Ryan

Hi Guys,

Ive been into collecting props for the past 10+ years and I spent the entirety of 2020 learning how to paint and 3D Print. I've been lurking and using TDH as an archive for reference material and I wanted to say thank you to all the amazing people who have created stencils, guides and even people who have just made helmets or armour. You're all incredibly talented and I as well as many others are in awe of your work.

I have a question for all the makers here, particularly the Boba Helmet makers.

I'm in the middle of printing one of minutefetts amazing STL files and I plan on making a Post-Sarlacc helmet but a question.

-From what i've been looking at with the reference photos, there's texturing on the dome, front mandables and cheeks but I'm unable to determine if there is any texturing on the back of the helmet. Everything that i've seen from the reference material make it look like its just flat paint. Is anyone able to shed some light on this?

View attachment 218234

Thanks for reading and I cant wait to be apart of this fantastic community!
-Ryan
Where there is Paint, it should be a thicker coat, since the acid roughed it up.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1641657277807.jpg
    FB_IMG_1641657277807.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 121
This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back