Handy Phrases for Troops

clmayfield

Active Hunter
I have not trooped in a while, and I did one this weekend that was my best troop ever. I have a voice amp that is handy for interacting with folks as they take pictures. My first couple of troops, I tried to do variations of Boba Fett's lines in ESB. This last time, I came up with some new phrases that got better reactions. I'll share a few, but I am interested in hearing if anybody else has some sayings they lean on.
1) You look like my kind of scum.
2) [Read shirt] I don't think I've been to that system.
3) Which system are you from?
4) [For young kids] you look like a future bounty hunter.
5) How big is the price on your head?
6) You would look good... frozen in carbonite.
7) [For couples] Would you turn her [him] in for the credits? I would.
8) [For people taking pictures] Scans make my trigger finger itchy.
9) You make my trigger finger itchy.

When they hand the people a blaster for the pictures:
1) Watch where you point that thing.
2) Careful with that blaster. You might get... disintegrated.

I found that having these at the ready made things go a lot more smoothly. Anyone else have any phrases at the ready?

I use clips of Jason wingreen from ESB and some clips from older video games

Those are great! Do you have a voice changer too?

I actually don't. I have found that just making my voice gravelly seems to work. I don't try the Kiwi accent because I am an old school, Jason Wingreen kind of guy.

Honestly, the way that I learned to "be Fett" is from watching Fett at Disneyland. You have to be able to improvise, but having some canned phrases go a long way to that. I lifted, "You look like my kind of scum" directly from him. Even though it is a Jabba quote... it works.

Also, economy is key. You don't want to talk too much. Most of the quotes above are both conversation starters and enders... which is why being prepared with the right phrases is key. I am interested to see what everyone else does. I have only been at it a couple of years.

I’m not sure I would be game enough to do these phrases. I could probably pull off the Kiwi accent but it would sound odd with a female voice. I’d probably go pre recorded phrases.

I’m not sure I would be game enough to do these phrases. I could probably pull off the Kiwi accent but it would sound odd with a female voice. I’d probably go pre recorded phrases.
Fett is character of few words, manourisims and attitude. The "as you wish" sound bite works well in any situation. TRamp have sound bites recorded by JB himself although not screen accurate they also work well. Phrases like "keep moving" and "your tough but not tough enough"

Fett is character of few words, manourisims and attitude. The "as you wish" sound bite works well in any situation. TRamp have sound bites recorded by JB himself although not screen accurate they also work well. Phrases like "keep moving" and "your tough but not tough enough"
I was wondering if anyone had other phrases he had done. Seems like we could pull from other sources with his voice.

I have a mic so I can speak if needed, but I also have buttons on each finger to trigger pre-recorded phrases. I got the quote from the game Battlefront.
The goal is to be able to hold a short back and forth with the pre-recorded phrases.
Here's what I have:

Do you know who I am?
Boba Fett at your service.
Solo belongs to me.
As you wish.
I prefer to take you alive.
No one escapes me.
You called me for this? My price just went up.
You're worth more dead.
You're out of your league.
You're persistent.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back