GONK is underway!

Hey guys, I got around again finally to doing something on this guy so here is a rough-assembled foot. No seaming, sanding or anything other than the basic cutting out and gluing the pieces together. Don't mind all my scribbled notes ad doodles:

Foot bottom on left, top is on the right
100_3503.jpg

Needs final fit tweaks and other detailing but kind of the idea
100_3502.jpg

Hey it's something. :)

Seams sanded flushed, gaps filled, and primed at this stage.
Next up, putting some traction details on the bottom, the ankle ring on the top, and the panel detail line around the toes and this baby's ready for molding!:

100_3544.jpg

The foot halves are ready to have the molds made! ;D

I added the recessed panel line around the toe area and made up some tread for the bottom of the foot.
100_3706.gif

I was going to attach the ankle ring to the foot top before I molded it but that would add an extra inch of silicone to the top of the mold so I decided against it. While there are greeblies on the sides of the real foot I'm only making one and don't know if the original had them only on the outer sides. I will add them to the pulled parts later.

Here are the "steps" that will serve a dual purpose. Not only will they help you to know where to cut the part but by leaving it on one foot half, it will give me the impression of the seam line of the original foot.
100_3710.gif

Here's how it will more or less look in profile. Remember that one of the middle "steps" will not be there when actually built.
100_3714.gif

Anyway, after another long period without working on him, I finished the "double-hose plate" detail on my Gonk today:

100_4768.jpg

100_4767.jpg

And here he is again:

100_4772.jpg

I really need to get this guy finished!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back