FPH Vs MR Fett Helmet

new fph i want one (y)(y)(y)(y)as soon as you offer them , i didn't order the master r because i was happy with my ms3 until now (thanks spidey) :) but in all seriousness as soon as you offer these new fph's put me on the list

I do agree that as accurate as a scan may be or perceived to be it will (IMO) never be spot on to the original...as is evident here with the mandible being off. And now looking at the comparison of the PP3 and MR...it looks to me that the dome is off as well. All considered, it just doesn't get any better than the MR for a commercially released helmet but that said my money is on the FPH. Just to add...as a collector I do own both helmets ;)

:) Thank you for the great comparison pics, some time and effort there.

I still prefer the FP lid I gotten from slavefive. The FP lid looks better.:cheers

As much as I dislike MR for all their screw ups with the colne and vader buckets it looks to me that the fett bucket looks good. Ill even go as far to say I cant wait to get mine in the mail here soon.

Very nice pics, Spidey! Superjedi brought his FPH to Comic Con yesterday, and I think he also got a few shots next to an MR helmet for comparison.

Great comparison shots!! Wow, those are beautiful pictures. :love

I never picked up on the fact that the MR had 15 kill stripes!! Man, that's bizarre. :eek:
Like Scott just mentioned, I did bring my FPH up to Phoenix, but didn't take any pics of it with the MR helmet. There's no way any pics I could have taken would have been as nice as the shots that have already been posted.
I did get a chance to get my eyeballs an inch away from the MR helmet though, and after poring over every bit I could see (couldn't touch it, so didn't get to see the back) it looked like the factoy paint job was nicely done! It was carefully applied, and it looked just like the pics that Spidey posted above.
However. . . the "pinched" left mandible just killed it for me. :cry Yes, it's present on the PP3, but it's just somehow emphasized more on the MR helmet. . . hard to explain. It kind of threw off the way the helmet looked from the front.
So, purely in my opinion, I'm glad I bought my FPH! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
the FPH looks great even with the most modest weathering.

i always prefered fan made props to mass produced, but the MR is pretty good considering.

Agreed, what this place is all about (y) I am surprised by how much I like the MR helmet, I really think they did a great job, a good way to end the Star Wars replicas line, the mandible issue is purely an assembly thing, easily fixed I imagine? Again great pics everyone who's chimed in (y)

Simply stunning shots Alex... man IF you were in the UK I'd like to use you as my costume photographer!
Love the comparisons, as already stated a little gutted about the mandible taper and the additional kill-stripe? Why on earth they didn't listen to the guru's here at the TDH...
Still, it gives us that last stepping stone to reach? :rolleyes

I mean, if we all had the 'be-all' lid now... it would be like an end to an era? for me it was like watching the last Star Wars film in the series... Great! but always gutted that there would be no more... :cry
Glad I got my FPH and ordered my MR... both excell in both their arena's 'fan vs commercial' hats off to both! ;)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back