FP V.2 Interest Thread (FINALLY!) And FP Update

Thanks guys :)

Here are a couple of pics as promised.

First, there have ben a few members that wanted to know what "Rough Trimmed" looks like exactly. The following pic, is how members will receive their kits ... bad lighting, Not a great pic, but I think you can get the idea. "ESB" shown.

roughesb.jpg

This next pic is to show what the ESB chest armor looks like. Again, same shape, with different dents.

esbtrimmed.jpg

The most notable change with the ESB version, is the right shoulder bell. To my knowledge, it hasnt been done before. So here it is, specific to you ESB gus :)

esb_bell.jpg

This next pic shows an little upgrade that everyone that has placed an order will receive. Not sure if this has been done yet. Center chest diamond with included metal insert. Movie accurate.

diamond.jpg

Also included with all orders, are accurate chest light slot visor material. Not shade 5 dark. Lighter, with a green tone. Each order includes one piece.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update on orders ...

First 10 have shipped !! I will provide all delivery confirmation numbers and customs numbers tomorrow. It's getting late, and I'm whipped :lol: Hope ya understand.

There are other orders ready. I will have to look to see who they are.

My site is transferred now. Obviously, as my pics are working :D So I will post the tutorials this weekend. Any other pic requests, make them here and now while I'm feelin the love :lol:

Thanks a million guys. I'm stoked to finally share this stuff with you guys and gals. I hope you enjoy your new armor !!

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
OOOO I am kiddy with excitment of new armor! Now I will be really busy over the next few weeks as I try to trim and paint these while I paint 2 helmets.

Nice work FP those "rough trimmed pieces" arent bad at all very little work to get those pieces ready for paint.

As for pics maybe a sneak peek at the rubber knees (if possible).

Great work FP, pics are really amazing... and so nice to hear that my armor is on its way home :D.

1 question.. what material is the center diamond piece ??? resin or vaccumformed as well ??? Anyone knows what material was used on the original one ??? (I ask you this cause I really dont know what was used on the film... I have seen people with plastic ones, and other with resin... I'd like to know it :D )

GREAT WORK.. (and as always, I will be the last one in receive it, stupid islands :(.

FP,

PM Shot out bro! I'M INTERESTED IN A FULL ROTJ SET WITH KNEES [RUBBER]

Stay safe,

Tim.

Just to make mine more obvious, thanks to Batninja on the idea. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, sorry for the delay in posting the tracking numbers.

I'll answer your questions first ...

The knees do NOT have dents in them, just as the assemble yourself version before them. Mainly becasue different movie versions would warrant too many molds. Being that they are vac formed, they're a very pleasant material to work with when making your own dents. I figured it best to leave it to the member and their particular needs. HOWEVER ... the rubber knees WILL have dents, and there will be ESB and ROTJ specific.

The center diamond is made of resin. Better material for backing with sheet metal. The metal can be screwed into the resin, or it can be epoxied. The vac formed version made it more difficult to keep the metal stuck :lol:

Not sure what the original chest diamonds were made of for sure, but it's a pretty good bet it was either vac formed (most reasonable) or perhaps even wood :lol: Not beyond the realm of possibility becasue a lot of greeblies and components were made of wood in the original movies. Vader's chest box buttons, tie fighter buttons, ect, ect. It's anyones guess until we can get a beter pic of one.

Post #1 is now updated with tracking guys !

Thanks !

FP

Hi FP, You can make a short tutorial on the V2 thread of "How to make the dents on the knees" please, I can make the circular dents but the vertical dent and V form dents... :(

untitled2copialm9.jpg

PS: Sorry Jango Fett Jr for use your pic, but... is really awesome! (y)

The Postman just came...........I don't think he has ever seen a thirty year old FREAK OUT like a five year old before :lol:.

Love the "FP" label "ACCEPT NO RECAST"

The pic speaks for itself.
Thats a star wars mini map under the armor, he he.....fun (y)

-Tim-

DSC00981.jpg

It would be great if all of the people that just recieved this armor started their own progress threads. 10 sets went out, so to see 10 different versions of the same base armor would be very helpful!

Hi FP, You can make a short tutorial on the V2 thread of "How to make the dents on the knees" please, I can make the circular dents but the vertical dent and V form dents... :(

untitled2copialm9.jpg

PS: Sorry Jango Fett Jr for use your pic, but... is really awesome! (y)

Vertical shaped dents can be made by heatgunning the plastic and then using a cylidrical shaped item (like a sharpie marker edge for the top dent in the left armor from your picture) to bend the plastic like you want to.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back