FP V.2 Interest Thread (FINALLY!) And FP Update

Hi guys -

Updated the list above with what I had to work with.

I think we're doing pretty good. However, I should have mentioned that
if anyone here that has expressed interest wants on a specific run, without being listed in order, you will need to not only edit your post with what version you would like, but also with or without knees, trimmed or untrimmed, and approx which month you would like to be included. This will be much easier for me updating these lists. Again, I URGE you ALL to select the untrimmed discount ! :lol:

All wings report in !! :lol:

To answer the knees addition question, it is an xtra $35.

Thanks everyone !

FP

I am sorry FP but I am too lazy to trim my own stuff (plus I do a terrible job at it) so I don't mind paying extra to have you do it.

Yeah... I'm in the boat with the other guys about the trimming... I was looking forward to opening in the box, and getting started with paint. I hate prep work, and I'm lazy to boot. ;)

Hey Fettpride- put me down for a full set, trimmed with Knees- ESB please! Hopefully I can get on the April list!

Also- Will the Backplate have cutouts for Jet Pack harnesses?

Phil

Hey FP in the original post about the FP2 armor you mentioned that the knee's were going to be rubber. Is that still the plan or will they just be vaccuformed?

Updating...full ESB w/knee armour...untrimmed. As far as a desired month...April if that works out otherwise May works for me as well;)
~Kevin

Did anyone receive any info about how to make payment? I'm pretty close to the top of the list, and don't want any miscommunication. I'd hate to lose my spot because I missed something that might have already been posted somewhere.

Heya Guys,

Just a quick update. I'm working away. Everything is looking good, and on schedule. May not make a second run for this month, but it's not over until the metabolism challenged woman sings ;) :lol:

As for payments ... if you're wanting to make them now, it's not a problem. Just remember that I'm not forcing you ;)

You can make them to boznose@charter.net

Just make sure you put in the comments/notes section, the following information ...

TDH Username, What Month run, ROTJ/ESB, with or without knees.

Total examples : ***** EDIT*****

Full (ESB or ROTJ) without knees rough trimmed - $220

Full (ESB or ROTJ) with knees rough trimmed - $255

Prices are quoted are U.S. shipment only. Anywhere else will be based on a case by case basis.
I'm sure you understand, as shipping is sometimes double abroad.

Thanks again everyone,

FP

****EDIT****

Hey guys,

After much consideration, I've had to change the program half way into the ball game. It became very clear to me today, that I cannot offer a clean fully trimmed option at this time. There are a few good reasons for this, before anyone gets upset with me, please hear me out.

The $15.00 discount that I offered for accepting your order "Rough trimmed" was very unrealistic considering that this is what the charge would be to trim a set of 4 chest pieces alone. After spending most of the day in the shop trimming the first sets of armor, it became clear that if enough members don't take advantage of this "discount offer", I may not meet the deadline.

As I said before, it's not exactly about the money. Although I will be the first to say that time IS money, I'm going to have to nip this in the bud before we get too far into this. And I sincerely apologize. But the second reason is the most simple. A dremel, or rotary tool of another genere, only has so many productive hours. For a single member to trim a set of armor, takes a couple of hours at most. For me to do all sets of armor, and all sets of armor forthcoming, I will end up going through a couple of Dremels at very least. I killed one this afternoon. I'm sure that any of you that have been doing this for a while understand that those things don't last long anymore. Not like they used to. This can get costly. I have back-up's, of course. But when you get right down to it, the expense of having to replace expensive tools every couple of weeks is less than satisfactory. I know this may seem like an excuse, but it is very real. Granted, everytime you buy one from Home Depot lets say, you can return it within 30 days without question. But the harse reality is, I've sort of worn out my welcome with ours, becasue it happens on a regular basis :lol:

So, although "I am altering the deal" (geuss where that came from?) I'm intend to be fair. Again, I'm doing this early enough, that most of you may not care. But this is the way it will have to be, even on subsequent lists, if I'm going to be able to share these items with this much demand. So, in my promise to stay fair, there are two options now. With or without knees. Both options will be rough trimmed, and the price reflects the $15.00 discount for all of you. It is my hope that you understand. For those that may be less than satisfied with this sudden change in plan, I completely understand, and will not hold it against anyone if they would like to be removed from the list.

Thank you for your understanding, and support. Back to the shop ... :)

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back