First shot at a Mandalorian helmet

MandalorianApe

New Hunter
IMG_1331.JPGIMG_1341.JPG
Sorry the pics are rotated the wrong way...Not sure why they were uploaded that way...

Anyway, this was my first attempt at a Mandalorian helmet. I started with a Rubies two piece Jango Fett helmet. A lot of epoxy, bondo, sanding and painting later, I finished the helmet.

**The helmet is for my daughter, she has matching foam armor.

The helmet looks great!
That paint job and weathering looks superb, what techniques did you use for it?

Also did you bondo the outside and inside of the helmet? Or just the inside to rain it's shape?

I used bondo on the outside of the helmet and reinforced the inside with strips of thin plastic. For extra strength on the inside, I also glued thin strips of wood around the base of the helmet. As far as paint, I used Krylon spray paint for both colors. After I painted the base colors, I used black and dark brown acrylic paint, which I watered down and created a "wash." After the wash was done, I dry brushed silver paint over the edges and parts of the green paint to add to the damaged look. This is how I paint my 40K figures, so I hoped it would work on a larger scale and it did. I'm doing the same for the rest of the armor and it's turing out pretty good. I'll post new pics soon!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back