first boba bucket attempt!!!

Thanks for the pic! I got 1/4 in posts. The smallest ones they had. But i figured out why it wasnt sitting flat. The inside of the helmet along the perimiter of the visor there was a lip or ledge from the casting that i had to painstakenly sand flat. And apparently i got epoxy in one of the posts so now the screw wont thread in. Figures! Lol.. More work!!!

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgimage.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

When i upload the pics they are right side up but when posted theyre all kinds of crazy!!

.... But i figured out why it wasnt sitting flat. The inside of the helmet along the perimiter of the visor there was a lip or ledge from the casting that i had to painstakenly sand flat....

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Glad you got it sorted out. (y)

After another look at what i did. I realized im going to have to take out 2 of the posts and reposition them. Any tips on getting them out with out doing tooo much damage. Lol!

Finally got the issues with the visor and the chicago screws worked out. Lid is primered and ready for some paint. image.jpgimage.jpg
I have the stencils but i dont have the ability to size them right. They need to be slightly larger. Hmm. Try to freehand? Lets see.

Sweet! Thanks man. Ill check that out for sure. I just printed the stencils from work on a blk and white printer. You would think a large hospital would have a color copier! Lol. The dome print out came out very odd looking. So ill go by the link you sent and see what kind of shennanigans i can come uo with.

What program are you using to view the stencils? There should be some way to increase/decrease their size.
Here's a link to a thread I made where I describe the method I use to resize RafalFett's templates:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f32/template-sizing-tutorial-51735/

Ok. I am having a horrible time sizing these templates. When i click on them they are opened in adobe reader. I can only enlarge one way or another. I obviously dont know what im doing. Any help would be great!! Soooooo frustrated now.. Ugh!!!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back