Fatt Fett Biggest Loser Contest

mainst69

Active Hunter
Hey guys, I've been throwing this idea around for a bit. I'm currently toting more weight around the gut than I'd like. My mannequin looks better in my costume than I do. And I'm about to be 46 next month. At my last job, some co-workers and I would have a contest to see who could lose the most weight over a period of say, three to four months. To celebrate the winning and all of the weight loss, the three of us would go have a nice steak dinner, the losers buying the winners meal. Obviously, we couldn't do that in this situation, but I was thinking I might ask some of our popular vendors to donate something as a prize or incentive. (I'm just kinda coming up with this, so if you have ideas, feel free to share.) At my new job, I don't think I have anyone that would be willing to give it a go.

So, I'm reaching out to my fellow Fett-heads. Are there any of you out there who want to drop a few "L B's"? I just noticed that though I looked cool in my first outing in my costume, I kinda think I looked like middle aged Fett.

We'd be on the honor system, but I think we could do something like post up a pic on the start day (to be determined) showing the scale we'd be using and what our current weight is. I haven't weighed in so long I'm scared to look. Then at the end of the agreed upon time frame (I think 3 months is good) we could post a new shot of the scale and our end weight.

Let me know what you guys think and if you are interested in participating.

Main

"But Mainst, the holidays are coming up and you have all of that good tempting food!" Yes, but this can be done where you plan your "free day" (you eat good all week and have a single day where you can pig out) around your holiday. Plus if you have a contest to compete in, it'll keep your from going crazy at the holiday dinner table.

Dangit... started 8 months ago.... didn't have a lot to lose or anything but leaned out a bit. Yall can really help keep eachother accountable. Use the myfitnesspal app if youre into apps and tracking cals.

Dangit... started 8 months ago.... didn't have a lot to lose or anything but leaned out a bit. Yall can really help keep eachother accountable. Use the myfitnesspal app if youre into apps and tracking cals.
That's a great idea. Yeah, the accountability is definitely a plus.

Alright guys, I'm sorry I haven't updated this in a while. I've been really busy with personal stuff. So here's how we'll play it. Anyone interested in doing this friendly competition, post up a pic taken on or about December 1st of your current weight. Two feet and a scale readout. So we can all have Thanksgiving guilt free! March 1st we'll end it up with a side by side shot of our first scale pic and our ending scale pick. Biggest amount lost is the winner. I've got interest from vendors on some cool prize donations and I'll get back with them and update this thread as I do so. Many thanks to all of you who have responded back with support. Either way, Fett bragging rights will be a good incentive, not to mention looking better in your suit!

Main

I am down, when do you plan to start and when's the cut off for sign-ups? How about a sign up deadline for 15 Dec and start 1 Jan??

Alright guys, I'm sorry I haven't updated this in a while. I've been really busy with personal stuff. So here's how we'll play it. Anyone interested in doing this friendly competition, post up a pic taken on or about December 1st of your current weight. Two feet and a scale readout. So we can all have Thanksgiving guilt free! March 1st we'll end it up with a side by side shot of our first scale pic and our ending scale pick. Biggest amount lost is the winner. I've got interest from vendors on some cool prize donations and I'll get back with them and update this thread as I do so. Many thanks to all of you who have responded back with support. Either way, Fett bragging rights will be a good incentive, not to mention looking better in your suit!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back