Exploring the ESB sidearm

Back on point: We'll never know for sure which barrel the original spear gun had, or how it was painted (or not). I'd just go with what you like best. I really like the gray barrel. It just looks more like something Fett would have.
-Ryan

and not nec true...there might be some pictures that will show one way or the other ....still working on that. (y)..will keep you posted.

Personally, I think the silver looks better, and I think it's logically what the "right" color is by deducing that the end nub is silver, and the tip/nozzel is silver. Just my thoughts.

The end barrel is definately looks like it was left bare aluminum to me, but as for the rest of the gun...heck, they could have have sprayed the whole thing with teh orange/red color??????? No way of knowing unless there are better pics out there!!!
D

Is it a reasonable assumption to say that the "right" color is most likely a moot point since it appears that LFL made modifications to the gun and then painted it?

Absolutely Art, I only mean "right" (in quotes) as in what the "real" gun would look like if it were a real gun! :D Purely speculation, but using some derivative logic.

Of course if some Mandalorian Arachnid had something better to show us.... :lol:

well, knowing there might be some interest in this sidearm i might be willing to loan one of my pieces to a talented member here to make copies. and having been in contact with a certain member here, i'm convinced mojo-fett could do a great job on supplying copies for the members here. so basically depending on the interest i might go ahead and loan it to him, to make his moulds. the plan is to provide a copy with aluminum and resin/plastic pieces. if you have any questions i'm sure mojo will be glad to answer them.

if there is not enough interest we will scrap the idea.

well, knowing there might be some interest in this sidearm i might be willing to loan one of my pieces to a talented member here to make copies. and having been in contact with a certain member here, i'm convinced mojo-fett could do a great job on supplying copies for the members here. so basically depending on the interest i might go ahead and loan it to him, to make his moulds. the plan is to provide a copy with aluminum and resin/plastic pieces. if you have any questions i'm sure mojo will be glad to answer them.

if there is not enough interest we will scrap the idea.

Count me interested V.. (y)

Hello guys,

i am so impressed of your research on finding the correct version blaster for the ESB side arm.
what is your opinion on the technisub 60 is this one easy to make it shorter?
is the technisub 60 exact the same only the barrel lenght is longer as the 40?
the barrel does reminds me a little like jangoś blaster barrel.
hope they ever let us see more of this mystery costume it does make it so more interesting!

thanks you guys are the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys,

i am so impressed of your research on finding the correct version blaster for the ESB side arm.

thanks you guys are the best!
the barrel and internal parts would need to be shortened to convert a 60 to a 40.

Hiya,
Yeah the 60 and the 40 are the same from what I see... but the 60 is longer in the main body (tube).
The credit goes to Chris (Singleseat) for finding the first Pulce and Identifying it as the ESB sidearm... but thanks to Volker for allowing me to cast his. ;)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back