ESB wip

Feedback is welcome.

• the good

• the bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

JReevy

Hunter
Hi all. I spent a few hours a week for about a year putting an ESB BF together and I know some items are 'movie accurate', but I'm pretty happy with how the pieces have come along. I learned a ton from the good folks here on TDH - I actually have many people to think (list pending - I'll post asap) for my ESB build. I love wearing the armor - I wish it was easy suiting up without help, but my wife has been patient enough to help me with that and take photos. I wish I had more progress pictures. Here a few pics from this weekend. I'm still working on BigDane's jetpack harness kit and soon will have the jetpack on the backplate. Since this photo was taken I also hooked up the hose from the gauntlet to the flightsuit. More pix to come.

Thanks.

JReevy

IMG_2182.jpg
IMG_2219.PNG

Looks pretty darned good. The only things that really pop out to my eyes are that you need to weather the gloves a little to match the rest of the suit. And the boots need a LOT of weathring. And the scuba belt buckle isn't quite right. Looks like a newer Dacor. Apart from that, it looks pretty darned good.

Next time you suit up, you might try wearing the girth belt a little lower. It actually obscures part of the cod plate dent. That is easily fixed.

How long did it take you to pull it all together?

Looks pretty darned good. The only things that really pop out to my eyes are that you need to weather the gloves a little to match the rest of the suit. And the boots need a LOT of weathring. And the scuba belt buckle isn't quite right. Looks like a newer Dacor. Apart from that, it looks pretty darned good.

Next time you suit up, you might try wearing the girth belt a little lower. It actually obscures part of the cod plate dent. That is easily fixed.

How long did it take you to pull it all together?

A year I think - I really appreciate the feedback. I’ll definitely weather the boots and gloves asap. I’m not sure which buckle to use for the harness - Do you know if it should be concealed or exposed?

JReevy

In every ESB picture I have seen, the buckle isn't visible because it is under the ammo belt. The fact that we know it is a different buckle is based on pictures from the second prototype where it is very clearly seen (including pics that show that it said US DIVERS CO... I have a Dacor version that looks exactly the same.) Check out the gallery for reference photos.

BTW... my advice on the girth belt is based on the promo shots that I used for reference. In the screen shots, he wore the girth belt higher like you have it. So a lot of these things are personal preference (mine is for low). He even wore the knee armor in 3 different configurations including upside down! And the collar studs and pocket tools... those were worn in a number of configurations as well. I use the promo shots from ESB because you actually see all the angles (including the rear), and all of the configurations (knee armor, pocket tools, collar studs) so I use all of thoee configurations. But nothing is truly 100% correct.

Weathering, however, is definitely a must. On your boots and gloves... and the lower parts of the legs from about mid calf down should be extra weathered... like he walked through a swamp.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back