ESB Tamiya Paint List?

Jesuit24

Hunter
I'm getting to the stage of painting my armour. On my first build,I used Humbrols as there's a big selection everywhere in the UK, but I've heard from a few people that Tamiya are a superior paint for airbrushing and ever since I started working at Hobbycraft, I have selection of Tamiya's to choose from. So I was wondering if I was better off swapping my Humbrols for Tamiyas and what numbers to pick up? The problem I see is if I have to do a lot of mixing colours since I'm not too good in that department.

honestly I feel like humbrols are nicer in that they feel like they go further per can then per bottle....theyre almost already diluted Ive used them on my ROTJ jetpack...and they were nice enough comparable to model masters I guess but thinner for sure.

honestly I feel like humbrols are nicer in that they feel like they go further per can then per bottle....theyre almost already diluted Ive used them on my ROTJ jetpack...and they were nice enough comparable to model masters I guess but thinner for sure.

what do you use for your thinner on your humbrols dom?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm getting to the stage of painting my armour. On my first build,I used Humbrols as there's a big selection everywhere in the UK, but I've heard from a few people that Tamiya are a superior paint for airbrushing and ever since I started working at Hobbycraft, I have selection of Tamiya's to choose from. So I was wondering if I was better off swapping my Humbrols for Tamiyas and what numbers to pick up? The problem I see is if I have to do a lot of mixing colours since I'm not too good in that department.

For a recent commission i used Tamiya XF-65 for the main green. I really like it as i feel it looks like a great movie style ESB green

For a recent commission i used Tamiya XF-65 for the main green. I really like it as i feel it looks like a great movie style ESB green

I tested this out recently and I liked it too. It is their answer to German Field Grey (feldgrau) and very (very) similar to humbrol green 78 and not that far away from Panzer Olive green 1943 although I felt the latter had a bluer tinge to it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back