ESB left arm 'Splat'

FettHam

Hunter
That gray splat on the inner left arm, how you guys painting that?
Looks like a brush? Any tips would be greatly appreciated, and general weathering ESB's.

The grey splat ?

Yeah i should have been more specific lol

This bit:
1597881375032.png

I wouldn't be surprised if during production flexing the gauntlet caused a bunch of paint to flake off, so someone in the costume department grabbed a paintbrush to cover up the damage with the closest colour they could find.

I wouldn't be surprised if during production flexing the gauntlet caused a bunch of paint to flake off, so someone in the costume department grabbed a paintbrush to cover up the damage with the closest colour they could find.

Jango Fett Jr - I think FettHam means this darker grey (Almost black) area, yeah? (I outlined it in YELLOW)
501st - ESB - Left Guantlet.jpg

FettHam - Is this are area you speak of? If so, until you pointed it out, I'm not sure what that could be from, or what this person was thinking. :unsure: And in the 501st requirements, there is no mention of it.

-Iron

FettHam,
Not sure if you seen this guys ESB build....

He's got some pretty mad painting skills - but on his first page he's got some pics of his Gauntlet, if that'd give you a bit more perspective.
(y)

-Iron

Hi guys, it is a bit interesting as to why this gray area shows up on the left gantlet. As I worked through the build my main
concern was how things would look up close when trooping. As much as possible I wanted it to look like real layered paint damage
not just painted on damage. To that end the only thing about that area was that it matched the value of the green around it
very closely regardless of the light it was in. So I tried to blend it that way. If the prop dept. had to cover an on set repair quickly and didn't have
the green then a gray of the same value in a low visibility spot like that would work and also look intentional.
When trooping the inside of the gauntlets take some damage from the EE-3 but I let it go as natural weathering. Another Boba mystery
to answer.
Thanks for the nice comments. Happy painting.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back