ESB Boba Fett Build!!!

I ended up painting and re-painting my bucket a total of like 4 times. Every time I finished I stopped, looked at it, and scraped paint and started again. Its a learning process and you've done great so far! Keep it up!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560

So I'm pretty happy with tonight's progress. Kill stripes on. Black paint finally comes in tomorrow and I painted the red trim on the back. I figured I'd mask and topically paint the back because of how weird the shapes are.
ac40fd8ecbe11c8026b9b00efec6c5d1.jpg
f44c7fe65d0b10cf9cc17bbc00425c6e.jpg
55bf375d6240b55f268175e79328f6a2.jpg

Also. Does anyone have any suggestions on attaching a rangefinder to the anime fan helmets? I'm having issues attaching my servo to it.

Sent from my iPhone

Ok guys. I think I got it this time! Haha. Mandibles coming up soon! By the way. This masking pen is amazing!!!!! I highly suggest picking it up
6fbf9cc42b64dd2498809534abf68935.jpg
c636be9f562033cca01f64f46a17f18f.jpg
be932d1a921b679ec0f0aab6216ccb06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Is it just me or do I see a lot of Fetts out there who mix and match ROTJ and ESB with eachother. I was looking on the 501st site members. I see an ESB with a ROTJ guantlets and a ESB belt and ROTJ jet pack. WTF? Am i crazy and need to go watch the movies again?

Is it just me or do I see a lot of Fetts out there who mix and match ROTJ and ESB with eachother. I was looking on the 501st site members. I see an ESB with a ROTJ guantlets and a ESB belt and ROTJ jet pack. WTF? Am i crazy and need to go watch the movies again?
Or you see alot of pre-production suits out there. The movie suits were made from re-arranging pre-production parts and using for a film sequence.

The ESB helmet is seen in both ESB and ROTJ. The helmet has slight differences due to damage between filming. The CRL for SE Boba Fett isn't done yet, I believe.

Thanks for the compliments everyone! You all keep me motivated!

So. Big progress today! Painted the ears mandibles and temp installed the visor. I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Next is finishing the back and trim.
bd335f7e3d8b86b6876f5b966b7c2d1a.jpg
d7d437e02e4883220f6911efa5ce9adf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

I have a lot of topical painting to do over the next few weeks. I need to go buy some really small brushes.

Anyone have suggestions on padding or fitting the interior of the helmet? I do plan on trooping so no more foam pads for this bucket.

Sent from my iPhone

There are helmet pad kits you can get for airsoft, biking, skateboarding, and even authentic Army issue items. I use a variety, some are thicker than others but something I always look for is Velcro attachment. Just drop some hook pads in the bucket and you can reposition the pads and take them out for cleaning easily. You don't want your bucket to get funky.

There are helmet pad kits you can get for airsoft, biking, skateboarding, and even authentic Army issue items. I use a variety, some are thicker than others but something I always look for is Velcro attachment. Just drop some hook pads in the bucket and you can reposition the pads and take them out for cleaning easily. You don't want your bucket to get funky.

I use the same ones on my other helmets. But I was thinking about a hard hat liner but not sure how to install one

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah it's more involved to get a suspension type setup but allows more airflow and I think is more accurate. Hopefully someone can share their setup.

Coming close to finishing my helmet. Anyone have any suggestions on a clear coat that won't give humbrol paint alligator scales? Or do you all suggest humbrol clear coat?

Sent from my iPhone

Coming close to finishing my helmet. Anyone have any suggestions on a clear coat that won't give humbrol paint alligator scales? Or do you all suggest humbrol clear coat?

Sent from my iPhone

I just used a spray on Rust-olium Master’s Touch 2x Ultra Cover matte clear and Krylon Colormaster Clear Gloss spray (gloss for the silver layer on the other parts, matte for the last over coat on everything). I think the secret to avoiding the "alligator scales" (I did have a few problems with that on a couple of pieces) is to let your undercoats dry thoroughly (maybe a few days depending on your local weather conditions) before the clear coat.

Yeah it's more involved to get a suspension type setup but allows more airflow and I think is more accurate. Hopefully someone can share their setup.

I tried a few suspension setups from bike and construction helmets, but the modern ones I found troublesome to attach, and the adjustment knob arrangement takes up too much interior space imo, so I made my own. You can see the six attachment posts (screws sunk into Dremel-hollowed pits filled with JB Weld) in the top of the dome here:
View attachment 106986

and the final suspension (made from some seam ribbon and grommets) here:
View attachment 106987

I see a light at the end of the tunnel! Paint and electronics are in the mail but taking forever!!! Armor is being started and just got my tax return! Or as I like to call it FETT FUND!
f0f922bd1b9e64142e7e2acdf1b2c798.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back