Dome Frame Trouble?

Ninjamal

New Hunter
Hello, all! First, I would like to say that I am more than happy and grateful to be part of this community and website! I have always been a huge fan of Boba Fett, and general mandalorian bounty hunters. That being said, I am currently working on a Boba Fett build in time for Halloween this year. The provided templates are amazing, and probably the only reason I'm capable of doing this. However, I have a few questions regarding the build of the helmet. I have some pictures provided of my progress thus far. The main issue I am having is fitting in the shape of the dome. I can't seem to connect the two top pieces of the "T" shape of the helmet with the dome frame inside. They're a bit far apart, and I cannot figure out what I've done wrong. Is there any way to fix this, so I wouldn't have to start over from scratch again? It would be amazingly helpful if I got some tips or advice. Thanks!

Helmet1.jpg

Helmet2.jpg

Helmet3.jpg

The problem is the thickness of the material you used. The templates should be used with a much thinner material, somewhere between 1 and 3mm.

looks like you used thick foam. that would throw off the measurements, and i don't know how forgiving the foam would be in terms of holding its shape.

exactly as Rafal said, your foam is too thick. I used 2mm Sintra. The templates were designed with that dimension in mind. You can try to find 2mm foam but that might be too soft-so you will have to alter the templates for the thicker foam.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back