desde Chile

VIARPE

Hunter
Hi everyone.
My name is Vicente and I'm from Chile. I'm planning on building my Boba costume this summer. I've been checking your forum and I think I might have lots of problems since the plastic parts that many of you use aren't aviable here.
Do you think it will be possible to laser print them on flat plastic sheets? Or aluminium sheets? comming from a CAD file... I don't know.
Or will it be cheaper to buy parts abroad and have them sent here as cargo?
How much does a custom Fett costume cost?
I've been looking at some "Supreme Boba Fett" that's on the internet and its $600, even with its bad paint... I can paint it well by myself since I have experience doing military dioramas -and one Vader vs Fett one-
So in the end, I'm looking to make a Boba suit and armor on a far country and know nothing. Where can I start? at least I know where I could find a pilot tracksuit here...
¡Gracias!

Hi Vincente and welcome to TDH.
I think you will find the plastic sheet printing very difficult so would advise buying overseas and shipping in. BF costume comprises of Hard parts, soft parts and electronics. You should be able to build or source materials for the last two locally but the hard parts should be bought abroad. BF whether ESB or ROTJ is one of the most expensive costumes to make due to the number of parts and you should expect $1,000 - $3,000 outlay.
If like me you work to a budget each month, it is best to take your time and buy the parts you need piece by piece. This way you can put aside a little each month and build up everything you need, you can also use the time to do your research properly and work on the parts you do have or are making yourself.
Best of luck!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back