Deriak's build

Need some help.. I just saw someone post an question about the LED on the left gauntlet with the size being 7mm.. I realized, I DONT HAVE THAT...
Boba-Fett-Costume-SWTE-020509-117.jpg

That switch there.. looks a lot like a house wall switch... Is this true? I am currently replacing a couple of switches in my house with new ones an have a couple lying around..

If this isn't, is anyone supplying these? both LED and Switch? I am in the market to buy!

It looks nonfunctional as I never saw it used in ROTJ. Also, there's no evidence of the working red light. The ROTJ Hero left gauntlet 'switch' is similar to the C-IV one, but not the same gauntlets:

ROTJ Left Gauntlet Switch.jpg

just got back from DragonCon and I must say, if I ever needed to test run a abusive Con, I picked the best one.
Pictures will follow later on, either tonight or tomorrow. Got a "go to meeting right now", may just do it while I am in the meeting.

Many things broke and just a couple of things to fix that about 5 different other 501st people pointed out, which I sorta already knew.

Feels weird having a couple people walk around you with their face 6 inches away doing 360 view of your work.... I will get into all that later

just got back from DragonCon and I must say, if I ever needed to test run a abusive Con, I picked the best one.
Pictures will follow later on, either tonight or tomorrow. Got a "go to meeting right now", may just do it while I am in the meeting.

Many things broke and just a couple of things to fix that about 5 different other 501st people pointed out, which I sorta already knew.

Feels weird having a couple people walk around you with their face 6 inches away doing 360 view of your work.... I will get into all that later
Oh man, please PM me a play by play. Like every little detail, especially the last sentence.

cant wait to see the pics bro!!!

Sent from my R2 unit

Ok, Damage report:

Lost toe spike while walking around. I noticed the right toe spike on both boots if kicked would unscrew. I made a conscious effort to be careful how I walked and to consistently check to make sure they were still on correctly. During an escalator ride I kicked the side of it by accident, I looked down and it was gone. I searched and had a couple guys help me but after 5 mins, it was a lost cause.
20150906_163518 (3).jpg

I lost 1 dart during a late night troop and it was shoulder to shoulder in one area, and I felt a snag on someone and the heard the sound. Lost 1 dart.. The next day I was just walking around and some drunkard stumbled on me and I heard the snap of 2 more.. Ugh!
20150906_163526 (2).jpg

Got my cape snagged on someone or someone grabbed it for some reason, but snatched the Collar stud and then lost the bolt.
20150906_163555 (2).jpg

I got some things I need to redo, spacing on the colar and chest plates need to be better.

Going to get longer bolts for the colar for the studs..

Hoses on the gauntlets need to be about 1 more inch longer.. Having some issues keeping my hoses in my sleeve..

Need to sew in the velcro for my knees to stay on.. Adhesive started to wear out on the flight suit.

Need to make the kidney and cod piece a bit more tighter.

Fans, need fans in the bucket!

Me and my friend Gayle (chewy) and another friend that I don't think he knew who I was
11144916_10100148864706428_2600654590919260895_n.jpg

Our group of friends that go every year
11998875_10205287141074433_6051221484262369674_n.jpg

The droids I was looking for
12002877_10153039316491921_6309725618855884606_n.jpg

Found this on instagram
dragon-con136.jpg

My wife with a bunch of League of Legends people. She is Mafia Jinx
dragon-con142.jpg

Ok, Damage report:

Lost toe spike while walking around. I noticed the right toe spike on both boots if kicked would unscrew. I made a conscious effort to be careful how I walked and to consistently check to make sure they were still on correctly. During an escalator ride I kicked the side of it by accident, I looked down and it was gone. I searched and had a couple guys help me but after 5 mins, it was a lost cause.
View attachment 91860

not....the.....spikes!!!! thats odd. never had one fall off or even come unscrewed. did you make sure they were super tight before you put them on your boots?? contact Dakota, I'm sure he's got some laying around.

sucks to hear about the darts, definitely go with metal if you have the means. Dakota has those too.

all in all tho, not bad for your first casualty of war list!

Sent from my R2 unit

True.. Yea. I tried tightening them on really tight, but then they were angled too far up and down. No biggie. Next ones I will use JB weld on those bad boys. I had plan on doing that when I got home when it first happened.

Also, my gun is all beat up.. For a foam gun, it did great as far as not wearing out my arm or anything... Felt good. But it has so many nicks and scratches on the barrel and stock.. Fixable, but I want to get a better, more solid gun

Here are some shots from IO9 .com of My friends and I
1420370625314283180.jpg

My wife, mafia Jinx
1420370624836529836.jpg

Her best friend and her husband
1420370625257266348.jpg1420370625220916908.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back