Darktrooper Progress Thread 8MAR2011: Getting back to it

Tube, keep it up bro! Make sure that bracing inside the jet pack is secure. I made a jet pack in a similar manner to that with loads of hotglue, and lets just say it got crushed and exploded ha ha. I have all the panels... but yeah it's broken up pretty bad. Actually I have pictures, but I don't want to hijack your thread. Keep up the good work!

- We need to play some Halo 3 again sometime!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow man looking good over there!!! this and marrow suns threads are now officially the only reason i still come over here lol.....good to see your back in action...any chance of seeing the master chief armour....im making a halo 2 style ODST marine!

Thanks guys!

I think im goin to go with stormrider's suggestion. I think in the long run, pre-cut foam blocks attached on the inside will be the most secure way. I guess having a ribb like structure would work, but then again, can be crushed. With the foam blocks, it will always have a backing to lay against. Thanks again guys

-tubachris
(now to make me lunch)

Tube, keep it up bro! Make sure that bracing inside the jet pack is secure. I made a jet pack in a similar manner to that with loads of hotglue, and lets just say it got crushed and exploded ha ha. I have all the panels... but yeah it's broken up pretty bad. Actually I have pictures, but I don't want to hijack your thread. Keep up the good work!

- We need to play some Halo 3 again sometime!

Yes more halo playing is neccessary

Glad to see you're back at it. Good work. Have you thought about one of the metal framed hiking backpacks or a baby carrier (papoose) for a support system? I was gonna use a hiking pack for my Fett pack but I couldn't find another one or bring myself to cut mine up so I got one of the baby carrier things from the local goodwill and used the frame from that. The funny thing is that after I destroyed the carrier we found out my wife was prego.

Glad to see you're back at it. Good work. Have you thought about one of the metal framed hiking backpacks or a baby carrier (papoose) for a support system? I was gonna use a hiking pack for my Fett pack but I couldn't find another one or bring myself to cut mine up so I got one of the baby carrier things from the local goodwill and used the frame from that. The funny thing is that after I destroyed the carrier we found out my wife was prego.

lol That sux. Well Im not too sure about using a metal harness, because the JJP needs to sit flush with the backpiece. Its bascially a reagular TK back armor, with the JJP attached to the "box" section of it. So Im aiming for a bolt/nut system.

Anyhoo, good thing I get to work in the theatre workshop at school, I managed to get some scrap luon wood. Its really thin wood and I needed some flat wood to finish the bicep molds. So Im going to get started sanding that shoulder bell more. Im going to try to fix up the bottom half of the forearm mold,towards the back, its more flat then round, so Im just going to add a block of MDF and sand it down to conform with the res of the mold.

-tubachris

OMFG Everyone, I recieved a very, very awsome gift in my Email not to long ago, courtousy of ZeroVisibilite, I now have THEE actual 3d model of the battlefront 2 darktrooper!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post pics after class!!!!!!11

-tubachris

Here it is!!!1111

3dDT.jpg

Going to get working on it now!!!1

-tubachris

Alright, I got one half of the bicep mold done, well pretty much done, just needs a little bondo and thats it!

001-14.jpg

002-7.jpg

-tubachris

very nice. is the detail of the darktrooper on the skin or is it actually modelled?

don't know how much trouble lucasarts went into to make the battlefront models

-Q

very nice. is the detail of the darktrooper on the skin or is it actually modelled?

don't know how much trouble lucasarts went into to make the battlefront models

-Q

Na, its not actual polygons, just a bump map wrapped aroung the model. Kinda funny, because the model is more angular than I thought it would be. Im basically having to create a real-world version where curves exist...

BTW-Now that I have this model, I can finally see what everything is. So far, I do not really need to change much. Here's whats new:

-Handplates now appear to be ROTJ bulbus style. I did ANH, but they were too small, was going to make larger ones anyways, so I need to do this now!

-Helmet lenses, these are actually red tinted, not smoked like the ones the FX comes with. What I can do now, is remove the lenses, make a mold from it, cast a solid resin buck, and then vac-form red PETG plastic over it. Im actually hesitant though, because that would technically be recasting.

-tubachris

I never realized it was a cross between a clone and a stormtrooper - with a very other added details...

Very cool.

I never realized it was a cross between a clone and a stormtrooper - with a very other added details...

I would like to point out that this armor was introduced before ep 1 was even in production....
------------------------

As to the lense problem you might be able to use the red tented Vader lenses. I have seen them for sale some where I just don't remember where.

I would like to point out that this armor was introduced before ep 1 was even in production....
------------------------

As to the lense problem you might be able to use the red tented Vader lenses. I have seen them for sale some where I just don't remember where.
orly.gif

lol, I didnt know that, I never really paid attention to when the first battlefront came out.

actually the first battlefront came out after Episode II (thus you can be clones;)) I think Z-man was refering to the old Dark Forces game

I was, in Dark Forces they are robots if my memory served me. Also for the record they are in Star Wars Galatic Battle Grounds and they have robot sounds on there too. That came out after the release of EP1.

I never was happy with them makeing them human in Battle Front. Or the messing with the TKs all being clones in SWBF2. (That second one REALLY bugs me.)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back