Custom Mando :D (Pic Heavy)

i have to thank Jayson for the ones he gave me!! theyre amazing!

And btw Ord'ika.. youre bucket looks WAY better than mine!!! (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm rushing now. Tomorrow is my last day to get it done. I finished up what sanding I care to do on the helmet, putty and all.
DSCN8804.jpg

And cut out the visor because I needed to bondo some of the areas where the cardboard was, if that makes any sense.

So, ears? How do I do em? Bondo them up and screw them in? And the visor? How do I get that puppy on? Does it matter what color I paint the inside of the buy'ce? Please help me Obi-all of you people who know how to do these things Kenobi. You're all my only hope!

JB Weld, screw em in, magnets, even hot glue can work for the ears. Same goes for the visor. However, I just simply duct taped mine in there. After trooping in 4 events, one being a 5k run, I think I can attest to how well tape works.

Painting inside...just be careful. Remember that you will sweat in there, so be prepared for some of it to come off on you. I have not painted inside any of my buckets, but have thought about it.

For visior, take a piece of paper and trace the visor from the outside with a pencil, add about 1/2 an inch then cut it out, test it on the back to see if it fits, cut it back until is does, once you have a nice fit you have a template to cut out of your welder's mask.

Use hot glue to hold the visor in.

You may need a bit of foam to stop helmet wobble.

As for the ears, I personally would screw them in, but it depends on the deepness of your earpiece.

Without ado'ika around, I'm afraid I'm the one who'll have to dispense with the laser whip.

"Bzzzzzzzztchhhh"

Get moving girl!

Progress, and I'm almost done! Just got to attach those ears and paint everything. :D I'm going to be to tired to be Mando-like tomorrow... And the visor is not actually installed but I set it in there for pictures:
DSCN8805.jpg

DSCN8806.jpg

DSCN8807.jpg

DSCN8808.jpg

And yes, I'm cheating and just doing a ton of putty on the ears.:rolleyes

So I wore my armor to school. I stayed up til 5:30 in the morning trying to finish it--something Im never doing AGAIN--and got and hour of sleep. But I pretty much finished! All the little kids at school thought I was the coolest person ever cos I looked like Boba Fett or Jango Fett, even though I was purple...Anyways, that was two weeks ago and I'm finally posting about it.
TheSci-Fi4.jpg

The whole school dressed up cos it was Character Day. These are my sci-fi buddies. Left to right: Donna Noble, The Doctor, Han Solo, and Me. :D
DSCN8841.jpg

DSCN8843.jpg

DSCN8844.jpg

DSCN8845.jpg

DSCN8847.jpg

There ya go! I'm going to do like a photo shoot with all my kit on eventually when it's not snowing, so there's something to look forward to.

Ori'kandosii Ord'ika!!! Only thing is I Didn't get the colors right on ur buy'ce in my sketch... guess I'm gonna have to change that! lol It looks great tho! Are you goin to start on your guns now?

BTW... ur buy'ce looks amazing!

Looking nice for a purple mando. I was thinking of mixing in purple with my armor seeing as purple is my favorite color but I thought red and black where unique because of using it for my roleplay character on myspace.

I will I promise. I just had to have something that looked like a helmet. ;)

Been away from the board for far too long. Looks really nice. Keep up the good work. My 1st attempt was a trash can build as well. It didn't turn out so well, so I'm looking into metal.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back