Cruzer Westar Run (rubber & resin)

thought i would share something.

i have a pair of cruzers resin versions. i wanted to show how the barrels are coming out using a high grade sanding and applying both a good primer coat, sanding that with 400 g and then applying 4 coats of krylon original chome paint.

this paint is pretty amazing. goes on just like regular spray paint but looks fantastic. the pictures really dont do it justice but here is one of the barrels...

normal_resinblasters2.jpg

normal_resinblasters.jpg

Thanks John. Sorry it's taking so long for those twirling handles. Both you and Seeker are waiting on them. I'm waiting for our local Home Depot store to get in the right wood to build the mold. They said it should be in this week, so I'll check back today or Friday and hope to have it done by this weekend.(y)

I'll gladly send you a regular pair if you're tired of waiting on me.:facepalm

JDfett, those look awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I'm in no hurry. I just thought I'd razz you a bit. My Jango won't be ready for well over a year and I'd rather have it done right than rushed.

When I get money I will definately be interested in these.
Such an amazing offer, and the detail is amazing.
If the pictures don't do them justice I want some!!!
Also, not to seem noobish, but Im kinda confused about the twirling handles concept.
Can some explain it, I know it sounds simple and stupid to ask but I just want to know exactly what it is before I request a pair.
Thanks man for the effort you put in, people like you should be sainted :)

When I get money I will definately be interested in these.
Such an amazing offer, and the detail is amazing.
If the pictures don't do them justice I want some!!!
Also, not to seem noobish, but Im kinda confused about the twirling handles concept.
Can some explain it, I know it sounds simple and stupid to ask but I just want to know exactly what it is before I request a pair.
Thanks man for the effort you put in, people like you should be sainted :)

In the arena scene after Jango shoots down Coleman Trebor he twirls his blaster before holstering it ala old westerns. The problem is that the blasters don't have an enclosed trigger so this is technically impossible. What LucasFilm did was create a blaster with an enclosed trigger so that Temeura or the stunt man who did the actual twirl could do it without the blaster flying off across the sound stage. The Master Replicas blasters include one blaster with the open trigger and one with the enclosed "twirling" trigger guard. I hope this helps. I just want to be able to practice twirling the blaster. I think it could be fun :D.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back