Cooling the bucket

Actually, it would make more sense to point the fan outputs upward into the bucket to circulate the air where it is needed rather than out the helmet opening.

The helmet is actually a lot cooler than wearing a stormtrooper helmet as the Fett lid flares. Our rather than turning up to your chin. I have my fans pointing to the visor for good airflow and visibility.

I agree with DeathProof pointing the fans slightly upward at the visor for air circulation works well. Keeps the visor from fogging up & give nice airflow. Here are a photos of both of my helmets.

DSCF5306_zpsbf4d9adc.jpg

20150809_220954_zpsmoffycjm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I put my fans on the back, pointing up. Partly because that's where I could fit them, and partly so that I their noise isn't too loud. When I tried them on the sides or in front, their noise was a lot louder.

Anyway, the effect is that they flow air over the top and down the front. So I get visor-clearing airflow and, the way the fans work, the air being drawn into them cools the nape of my neck.

Thinking about buying some 'Stormtrooper Helmet Fans'. A Kentucky 501st Kylo Ren had one in her helmet and it was much more powerful than mine.

Stormtrooper Helmet Fan USB | eBay

Only problem it is it runs on a USB power bank which might be hard to fit into a helmet.
There are a bunch of options out there that fit nicely in buckets. I have very thin batteries and fans I sell with my fan systems.

Sent from my SM-G930V

You sell fan systems? How much and where can I see pictures?

Crum's fan systems are awesome. I have one myself that I'm going to mount as soon as my helmet is returned from being painted. Mine is set up so that I can store the battery in my thigh or hip pocket and run a cable up into my helmet to connect to the fans. That way I will have plenty of room for a servo kit as well. Even if I just had a battery mounted in my helmet for the fans (which is also an option for my setup) I would have plenty of room since his batteries are so slim.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back