CA Boots now cost $140

Speaking of CA Boots, has anyone else had problems with their customer service? When I ordered a pair, I got them a half-size larger than my normal shoes, but that turned out to be too big. So I emailed them and a couple weeks later they finally gave me an RA number, so I sent them back to exchange them. When the new pair came, the right one was the size I needed, but the left one was still a half size too large. So I emailed them again, and a few more weeks later I got a UPS label emailed to me. So I've sent them back again, but am still awaiting a pair in the correct size. It just seems to me that their customer service department kind of takes their time when dealing with people.

Dammit!! I waited and waited and waited, should have just gone and bit the bullet a couple of months ago. No way I'm paying $140.00 for them now. Time to scratch build.

CenteroftheMind said:
Speaking of CA Boots, has anyone else had problems with their customer service? When I ordered a pair, I got them a half-size larger than my normal shoes, but that turned out to be too big. So I emailed them and a couple weeks later they finally gave me an RA number, so I sent them back to exchange them. When the new pair came, the right one was the size I needed, but the left one was still a half size too large. So I emailed them again, and a few more weeks later I got a UPS label emailed to me. So I've sent them back again, but am still awaiting a pair in the correct size. It just seems to me that their customer service department kind of takes their time when dealing with people.

Well I ordered mine a couple of months back. They ran a bit big, and there was two different types of material used on the two shoes. Making it very obvious. Normally I would have been 'whatever' but I thought 'screw that I paid 100.00 for this!" SO I went to their website and requested a 'refund' I got the RA number from the refund number on my refund request. Sent it back to them via priority 2 days later. Funny thing is the day I send them back the wrong boots I get the right boots in the mail! I hadn't even sent out the crappy ones and here the new ones were comming. It just cost me 10.00 extra for the refund process, which I don't think they ever refunded me, but I am just happy I got my boots.

So yes their customer service is a bit up and down. But if you call them there might be a better level of communication. Esp. if you get that person name as a contact.

Well this is a bummer. Like many here I waited to get a deal. Since ca is not an option for me now, I looked at Starfortress. Now i know they have a bad rep,but the boots they offer have a metal toe spike and they cost around the same now. If i had bought the ca's i would need to alter the look too and purchase the spikes later. What do you guys think? should i buy starfortress and weather them? it seems cheaper and requires the same effort in making them look good.

Everyone go to this site www.motorcowboy.com and ask him if he can make fett boots. i been asking for awhile but never get a definitive answer. maybe if other people ask he will see there is a market, he makes other star wars boots but not fetts. while your there check out his killer kiss boots and costumes, top notch

How about a boycott of caboots until the price is lowered? For one, I don't think the boots were even worth the $100 they charged before.

SOLOCHASER said:
Whoa, that's not cool. Has that happened to you? I should avoid them.

Sure has, this was a long time ago, when I was doing a Biker Scout. Before there were great resources like this forum and others, and ebay for that matter. (ebay was around but didnt offer props like that)

Search this forum and you will find other examples.

patiam69 said:
Everyone go to this site www.motorcowboy.com and ask him if he can make fett boots. i been asking for awhile but never get a definitive answer. maybe if other people ask he will see there is a market, he makes other star wars boots but not fetts. while your there check out his killer kiss boots and costumes, top notch
This guy does some awesome boots.Very pricey but awesome!!I am astounded by the kiss costumes.Very ,Very cool.I grew up listening to KISS.
I would imagine that his renditions would probably be double what CA charges, or more.

I already asked MotorCowboy to make Fett boots - he says he wont.
Bummer too - his other boots are so nice... I bet he would make some really nice Fett boots!
I told him there is def. a market out there for 'em!

Yeah, I don't get it about MotorCowboy not being interested in the Fett boots. He's already got the ankle high ST boots, so you figure it's a no brainer.

cal196 said:
I can see 10-15 $ but 45% of the total old boot cost?

newcbg.jpg
Couldn't say it better myself.

Rat_Fett said:
Yeah, I don't get it about MotorCowboy not being interested in the Fett boots. He's already got the ankle high ST boots, so you figure it's a no brainer.

my guess is it's the materials...

if he made them in leather, no-one would want them (inaccurate). making them in canvas would be a whole different world from most of the other stuff he does.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back